the app confliect with microsoft new winui 3 framework

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
ahmedabdelrazik
New User

the app confliect with microsoft new winui 3 framework

Post by ahmedabdelrazik »

XMBC Version: 2.19.2
Windows Version: 21h1 19043.1202
Mouse Information (brand/model): logitech G300s
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): no
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): no
How long have you used XMBC?: about 5 years
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: us english and egypt arabic

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:
the app prevent the mouse from controlling the scrollbar in winui 3 apps the full details are here github[dot]com/microsoft/microsoft-ui-xaml/issues/5470
Epsilion
New User

Re: the app confliect with microsoft new winui 3 framework

Post by Epsilion »

More information on these github issues as well:
/microsoft/terminal/issues/10831
/microsoft/microsoft-ui-xaml/issues/3864

This seems to be caused by the Make scroll wheel scroll window under cursor feature in Settings, as disabling that option fixes the issue.

Disabling this feature doesn't seem to change how anything functions, so I'm not sure if this option does anything functional in Windows 10+

Unrelated, but I love the program! I've used it for years to disable MOUSE4/MOUSE5 and never had any issues :D
ahmedabdelrazik
New User

Post by ahmedabdelrazik »

Epsilion wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:12 pm More information on these github issues as well:
/microsoft/terminal/issues/10831
/microsoft/microsoft-ui-xaml/issues/3864

This seems to be caused by the Make scroll wheel scroll window under cursor feature in Settings, as disabling that option fixes the issue.

Disabling this feature doesn't seem to change how anything functions, so I'm not sure if this option does anything functional in Windows 10+

Unrelated, but I love the program! I've used it for years to disable MOUSE4/MOUSE5 and never had any issues :D
that did fix the problem thanks
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Yeh the "scroll window under the cursor" stuff is not really required in Windows 10 since Windows does it by default these days. Perhaps I need to change the default settings to not enable it (at least on Windows 10 :)).

Glad you found the solution and thanks for making it public (I'm away from home at the moment so its difficult to respond quickly!)
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)