A question about button chording

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
hp309872201
New User

A question about button chording

Post by hp309872201 »

XMBC Version: V2.19.2
Windows Version: WIN10
Mouse Information (brand/model): IBM SK-8835

XMBC is so good, I can't work without it.Thank you very much for your excellent work.

Now, I have a question, or maybe a suggestion,is about "button chording".

As you know, button chording allows us to make assign chorded actions that apply when button A is pressed, followed by a second button B.

My question is: can button B be set as a keyboard key in subsequent versions? If this were possible, the XMBC functionality would be more powerful and convenient.

Thank you again for your great work. Wish xmbc better and better.

Best regards :)
phil
Site Admin

Re: A question about button chording

Post by phil »

You should already be able to do this - in the chording setup, select simulated keystrokes as the action and you can assign any key or key sequence,
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
hp309872201
New User

Post by hp309872201 »

Thank you for your reply!
I'm Sorry for my poor English.
What I mean is that I want to press a mouse button followed by a keyboard key to trigger a button chording instruction.This feature will come in handy on the ThinkPad keyboard.
For your feedback, the ThinkPad middle button after the driver is installed is not recognized by XMBC, so I had to set it to normal middle key mode to be recognized by XMBC.
best regards for you.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

hp309872201 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:51 am Thank you for your reply!
I'm Sorry for my poor English.
What I mean is that I want to press a mouse button followed by a keyboard key to trigger a button chording instruction.This feature will come in handy on the ThinkPad keyboard.
Ah OK I understand now. This one may be tricky... As it is a fairly a significant change to how XMBC currently works. I will add it to my list but I can't promise anything (I haven't had a chance to do much at all on XMBC for over a year now :( )
hp309872201 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:51 am For your feedback, the ThinkPad middle button after the driver is installed is not recognized by XMBC, so I had to set it to normal middle key mode to be recognized by XMBC.
Yes that makes sense. XMBC works with Windows mouse hooks which only see the standard button messages. Logitech, and I guess HP software allows you to customize buttons also - and if they don't send the standard windows messages, then XMBC will not see the buttons and they will need to be configured to send the standard messages (as you have found here).

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)