Simulated keys not working on fullscreen apps

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Xeaqhua
New User

Simulated keys not working on fullscreen apps

Post by Xeaqhua »

XMBC Version: 2.19.2
Windows Version: Windows 10
Mouse Information (brand/model): PhilipsSPK9403b/01
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): i5-10300H 8GB Ram Gtx 1650M
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): no
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): no
How long have you used XMBC?: 2 months
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: Turkish Q

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:Simulated keys not working on full screen.
I ran XMBC as administrator. When I try to use "{WAITMS:30}{PRESS}T{RELEASE}T" phrase on non full screen apps on Mouse Button 4 it works perfectly fine, but it doesn't work on full screen apps(In this case Gta:San Andreas)
None of the other tags worked except for the "{Backspace]". I can only get the backspace working
phil
Site Admin

Re: Simulated keys not working on fullscreen apps

Post by phil »

Many games block simulated input (to prevent cheating I guess) so that would be my first assumption.

Out of interest, what method are you using to send the keys? If you are using method 1 or 2, then did you try just {WAITMS:30}T without the {PRESS}T{RELEASE}T - you shouldn't need to use PRESS and RELEASE tags unless you want to hold down T while other keys are pressed in between releasing T!

That wont make any difference if the game is blocking the simulated input though. Also you shouldn't usually have to run XMBC as Administrator (unless it is the portable version, or not installed to the default place under \Program Files) as it should run as an accessibility tool and work with higher elevated processes just fine. Not a problem to run as admin, but shouldn't be required (and shouldn't make any difference if the game actively blocks simulated input)

I don't think I have GTA:SA to test it on here (I'm sure I did have it many years ago!). I do have GTA V but it would need to be reinstalled/downloaded so I'll give that a miss for now...

EDIT: OK So simulated keys is working fine here in GTA V (full screen or not) - at least in story mode - I don't know about the online one - I expect that has more chance of blocking injected inputs!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)