Keyboard shortcuts don't work

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
synalice
New User

Keyboard shortcuts don't work

Post by synalice »

XMBC Version: v2.19.2
Windows Version: Windows 10 LTSC, Version: 1809, OS Build: 17763.2061, x64
Mouse Information (brand/model): Crown CMXG-606 (I didn't find any manufacturer's software for this mouse)
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): "AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega", RAM 8.00 GB (5.71 GB usable)
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): No
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): No
How long have you used XMBC?: 1 day
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: ENG, default layout

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:
No hotkeys set in "Global Settings > Hotkeys" work in any profile. No matter if "Enable global settings" is turned on or off.
The X-Mouse doesn't want to switch layers if you use hotkeys there. However everything is fine if I use "mouse4" or "mouse5" for switching layers. This doesn't work neither in default profile, nor in the specific Window
There are no any other installed applications that configure mouse or keyboard settings.
Is this a bug with an application or am I doing something wrong?

I can post my profile configuration file if needed. I don't know how to upload it here though.
synalice
New User

Re: Keyboard shortcuts don't work

Post by synalice »

*Ahem*
Ok. Now it woks. I have no idea why though. I guess thee is still some kind o bug there with it.
I didn't seem to change anything.
synalice
New User

Post by synalice »

It seems to work only for a few times specifically when in game. Then it kind of "jams".
So the problem is most likely with a game itself. Out of the it (like, even if I even just minimize it; I don't even have to change profile) I can switch layers as much as I want and as fast as I want.

UPD: I will update this message to not create spam. The shortcuts seem to work REALLY strange and I am just completely lost. I am back to thinking there is some problem with X-Mouse itself. Also something has to do with profiles and choosing specific windows as a profile. Because default profile seem to be working when window doesn't want to.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Seems like there are multiple things going on here... I'm not aware of any problems with global hotkeys but that of course does not meant there aren't problems (just no one else has reported anything). Hotkeys are ONLY enabled when the configuration window is not open (it must be closed before the hotkeys are registered).

But I think I'm going to need a little more to go on. Maybe debug logging will help (as it should log every hotkey activation and what its doing).
I'm not sure what you mean in the latest update
Also something has to do with profiles and choosing specific windows as a profile. Because default profile seem to be working when window doesn't want to.
hotkeys are not profile specific so I'm not entirely sure what you are getting at there? Again debug logging may help, but also a clearer explanation!

NOTE: You can enable debug logging in the logging and updates tab (or toggle it on/off with a hotkey - although that might not be sensible if the hotkeys are playing up :lol:). It will disable itself (turn off debug logging) when XMBC restarts.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)