Same code different results?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Mysinisme
New User

Same code different results?

Post by Mysinisme »

XMBC Version: latest version
Windows Version: latest version too
Mouse Information (brand/model): A cheap chinese mouse w/ two side buttons
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): 8gb, i5-2400, 750ti
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): tried different versions, same problem occurs
How long have you used XMBC?: On and off for maybe years now
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: mainly English, US

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).: I made a stimulated code (keystrokes)
if I assign it to any button like rmb, mb4, mb5, or even middle button it works fine and as I intended
but for some reason, when I assign it to the LMB, it ignores the first keystroke about 50% of the time
sometimes less sometimes more..

More details, the code is {rmb}{waitms:50}{lmb}, when I assign it to any button other than the left one it works fine, but whenever I assign it to the LMB, it just ignores the {rmb} part about half the times
phil
Site Admin

Re: Same code different results?

Post by phil »

That's certainly an odd one - no obvious reason for that (as in it should work exactly the same as the other buttons).
You may need to enable debug logging (logging & updates tab) and then try and make it go wrong again. When/if it does go wrong goes wrong again, make a note of the time (including seconds if possible) and send me the log along with the time (that will make it easier to find it in the verbose log).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Mysinisme
New User

Re: Same code different results?

Post by Mysinisme »

the log: gofile[REMOVE THIS, can't post links].io/d/qkfI7T
The program I was using in this test is the notepad.

The code: {holdms:15}{RMB}{waitms:15}{rmb}{WAITMs:75}{holdms:15}{lmb}{waitms:20}{holdms:25}3{waitms:25}{holdms:26}1{waitms:27}{press}1{waitms:30}{release}1{waitms:25}{press}1{waitms:30}{release}1{waitms:25}{press}1{waitms:30}{release}1{waitms:25}

The rest of the code (the three and the ones) should not be typed in the notepad if the code was working correctly.
*As it appears, the {RMB} is working, but when the problem occurs the RMB goes so quickly and skip to the rest of the code without the program (that I'm representing as the notepad) register it
** I started sending stimulated keys 21:32:00
You can see that it worked correctly till 21:32:10.755 when the "3111" were typed in the notepad
*** I tried using a different button and it never occurred.

if this is hard for you to imagine I can create a video showing what is happening in the notepad