Decoupling scroll from the scroll wheel

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
popdog
New User

Decoupling scroll from the scroll wheel

Post by popdog »

XMBC Version: Superior-X Button Control v2.1
Windows Version: 10
Mouse Information (brand/model): CST L-trac
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): N/A
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): N/A
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): N/A
How long have you used XMBC?: 9 years
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: English

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).: Recently, I've started using right click hold as scroll, which works great. Well, it works great, some of the time. On every wake, there's about a 33% chance for the scroll behaviour to switch to my custom settings for the physical scroll wheel on my mouse, which adjust volume up/down.

So I have to sit there and restart the program over and over until it starts working how I like, with right click sending scroll inputs instead of volume ones. I've tried the latest version, but it seems like whatever bug I was using to get scroll inputs through "change movement to scroll" instead of wheel up/down movements has been patched for good since then.

Is there some setting I'm overlooking on the newer versions to force "change movement to scroll" to send hardcoded scroll events instead of mapped wheel up/down events?
phil
Site Admin

Re: Decoupling scroll from the scroll wheel

Post by phil »

That's a really odd one...
Are you still using Superior-X or did you actually switch to the latest XMBC (it wasn't clear to me from your message)
XMBC is significantly more up to date as CST haven't been in touch for a while since they sold up I guess!

However, in both cases, change movement to scroll should be injecting wheel messages. Those injected messages should then be ignored by XMBC and not remapped - but it sounds like XMBC is seeing the injected messages as not being sent by XMBC and therefore *is* remapping them to the volume...
I'm quite keen to see some debug logging that captures this as it may help figure out whats gone wrong. If you turn on logging in the logging/update tab then attempt to recreate the problem - when it happens make a note of the time as accurately as possible and send me a copy of the log, along with the note of the time (it really helps narrow down given the verbosity of the debug log!).

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
popdog
New User

Re: Decoupling scroll from the scroll wheel

Post by popdog »

Took a couple of days to get an example, I enabled the debug log on the 16th at 8:56 (first pastebin) or so to give an example of when the program is working as expected, and at 7:30 on the 18th (second pastebin) to give an example of when it's not working properly. Both were about 30 seconds, and all I did in each was right click, hold right click and move, and occasionally left click, I didn't touch the scroll wheel.

pastebin com/P8wCQwy6
pastebin com/mT1zNRPv