Laptop Trackpad Right click is registering as Mouse button 4

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
frust
New User

Laptop Trackpad Right click is registering as Mouse button 4

Post by frust »

X-Mouse Button Control v2.19.2 (x64)
Windows 10
HP Laptop Trackpad
HP laptop i5 2nd Gen 4 gb ram
The Problem occured right after I installed Xmouse and changed a few button settings.
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): NO!
How long have you used XMBC?: Almost 2-3 Weeks.
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: English UK

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:

I installed the XMBC and disabled the mouse button 4 of an external mouse that I use with my Laptop (mouse company: Aigo). After I changed these settings suddenly the Right Click of the Laptop's Trackpad was now showing up as Mouse Button 4 in XMBC. When I press the Right trackpad button, The mouse click 4 of LAYER 1 lights up green this means that the right click is registering as a Mouse Button 4.
I tried to uninstall XMBC but the trackpad right click still works as a Mouse button 4 instead of normal Right Click. Please Help me change my Mouse settings to default and guide me how do I delete and uninstall XMBC completely. Because by uninstalling it from "Windows Add/Remove program", the XMBC doesn't get fully deleted. I want the default settings of my Trackpad back thanks.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Laptop Trackpad Right click is registering as Mouse button 4

Post by phil »

I'm sorry, I have no idea what you have managed to do here (and as such, don't have any real suggestions).
XMBC can remap buttons but it can't change them physically - when you press a physical button, XMBC will highlight that in orange and perform any remapping assigned to that button (including disabling it by blocking the message).

However, if XMBC is not running, it would go back to normal as XMBC uses a "low level" mouse hook to intercept button messages, it can ONLY do this when running so if you quit XMBC or uninstall it, it should have no impact at all on the system - it is not possible to make any changes (other than perhaps cursor speed as that modifies the windows mouse setting) that persist when XMBC is not running.

Whats more, it is impossible for XMBC to distinguish between devices (mouse, trackpad etc) as windows low level mouse hooks simply dont give any indication of the source device of the message.

Also, there are no highlights in green in XMBC so I'm not sure whats going on there - its either orange or if your using a chord/button held combination then maybe a blue?!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)