No longer blocking original input?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
coldino
New User

No longer blocking original input?

Post by coldino »

XMBC Version: 2.19.2
Windows Version: Windows 10 21H1 (19043.1052)
Mouse Information (brand/model): Roccat Kova
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc):
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): No
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): Maybe?
How long have you used XMBC?: Years
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: UK

I use X-Mouse mostly to help make various games support extra mouse buttons in a consistent way, and it has always worked well. However, just recently I noticed a new game receiving both a remapped value AND the original mouse button. I shrugged this off as a weird game, but unfortunately I just noticed Discord is also doing this with my PTT key now.

My PTT button is Mouse 4, remapped to F13 in mode 3 (press on down) with block original input turned on. Nothing else fancy. This has worked for a couple of years until very recently, but now when I try to remap my PTT button in Discord it records 'Mouse 4 + F13'.

I upgraded to Windows 10 21H1 recently, from whatever major release came immediately before it - but I don't know if this is the culprit. Nothing else about my setup has changed that I know of.

Any ideas?
phil
Site Admin

Re: No longer blocking original input?

Post by phil »

Not really any ideas, Ive been using W20H1 for a while but my machine has updated to 20H2 recently (not a big update that).
Certainly not noticed any problem with blocking the input - I have got discord but Ive never really used it (especially the PTT stuff) so I cant really confirm if I have a problem wit that without trying to set it all up (which I will try ad do at some point - so I can try and replicate it).

Obv. XMBC hasn't changed for a while so I doubt there is anything in particular there. The only think would be if the apps are using some sort of direct input (games quite often do this but I'd be very surprised if discord did - but its not out of the question). If they are using direct input, then that's at a lower level than mouse hooks and standard windows mouse messages and therefore cant be blocked by XMBC)

Im guessing that this is not a problem elsewhere in "normal" windows apps? So perhaps Discord has made changes...

EDIT: I see discord is seeing mouse4 for me too - even thought mouse4 is remapped to copy (CTRL+C)
So it must be getting its input from elsewhere :(
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
coldino
New User

Re: No longer blocking original input?

Post by coldino »

Hmmm, then maybe not a general thing but an unhappy coincidence.

Really wish it were easier to use/simulate keys like F13-F24 in general. There is a serious lack of keys you can rebind that don't already "do" something else.

Thanks very much for the fast response and great app btw!