SmoothScroll conflict

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
abolog
New User

SmoothScroll conflict

Post by abolog »

I absolutely love X-Mouse, you guys are indeed making the world a better place.

I have two questions:

1. XMouse conflicts with "SmoothScroll Oil" an installable tray app which makes scrolling nicer, but once XMouse is opened, it takes over and kills the scrolling effect. Is it possible to have it on only in a specific program? or disable the default profile? or make it work with this other app?

2. I am mainly using XMouse to replace holding RMB -> Alt+RMB. Is it possible to still keep the RMB click as normal? And only have the Alt+RMB combo whilst holding and dragging.

I'm using:
Full 2.19.2:
Windows 10:
M330 Mouse:
phil
Site Admin

Re: SmoothScroll conflict

Post by phil »

1. Yes, you can disable XMBC's scrolling overrides completely or on a per profile basis. Turn off "Scroll window under cursor" in the default settings (general tab), or per profile on the profile "options" tab "disabled scroll Window under cursor".

2. Not really, because how would XMBC know you are going to drag the mouse after pressing the button? You could use layers, to temporarily switch to a different layer where this works, but you would have to initiate the switch first. Or you could use the "Button Chording" option so it does this whwn you press a combination of buttons or the "Button Held" option, such that if you hold the button down for a second (or whatever you define) first then it does the special RMB action but otherwise, just normal RMB.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
abolog
New User

Post by abolog »

1. Wow it worked. Amazing.

2. Yea I see what you mean... So to explain better my situation:
Action: RMB -> Alt+RMB
I'd want that to happen only when I hold and drag the mouse but when I just click (no pointer movement) to just have regular RMB. I think the dragging (pointer movement XY change) could be the "catch".

Let me know what you think
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Your best bet, right now, as I suggested before, would be to use the "Button Held" functionality to use RMB on its own but change to ALT+RMB after 200ms or something like that (timing may be important to get right).

Unfortunately you can't trigger such button behavior based on mouse movement the way it stands in XMBC. In Button Held, you can abort/cancel the settings on mouse movement but thats the opposite of what your looking for! From my mind (without actually looking at the code) to trigger something IF the mouse moves, would be a significant change (code wise) so even if its theoretically possible, its unlikely to become reality any time soon/ever!).
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
abolog
New User

Post by abolog »

Okay the "Button Held" with 70ms is the closest I got to what I wanted.

I think I'll go shopping for a new mouse with side buttons and wheel tilt.

Many many thanks for helping out. Bless.