Add text

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Miau
New User

Add text

Post by Miau »

XMBC Version V 2.19.2:
Total newbie is asking: How to add texts with a click? I would like to ad sentence with capital letters and line breaks. I tried {CTRL}text{CTRL} in the beginning and it did nothing.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Add text

Post by phil »

Simulated keystrokes...
Then just type the text. If you want to force it to be uppercase, then you either need to prefix EVERY character with {SHIFT} or maybe turn on CAPS LOCK and perhaps off again afterwards {CAPSLOCKON} / {CAPSLOCKOFF}

For the line breaks, {ENTER} or {RETURN} and for spaces, you probably need {SPACE}
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Miau
New User

Post by Miau »

Thank you so much!! Works perfectly :cheers:
JoDes
New User

Post by JoDes »

Is it also possible to add special characters?
I wont to place an Email adres with a simulatied key stroke, but the @ sign dosn't apear and is replaced as at.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

@ works fine for me in my simulated keystrokes - I'm not sure how it could possibly be replaced by "at" ??? Maybe its a difference in your locale/keyboard layout?
If you find the virtual key code for @ you can try using {VK:<code>} or scan code {scan:<code>}
--[ Phil ]--
JoDes
New User

Post by JoDes »

none of them are wording. Keyboard combination for @ is {alt}064. I supose thats not a Virtual key.
Is it possible to make a combination with the alt- key?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK You are not really giving me much to go on here.

Firstly I just noticed now that you hijacked someone else's thread, this is against the rules, next time create a new thread for a new question, even if you think its related! It makes it much easier to track and it does not bother the OP with notifications about new content in his thread that is (probably) not relevant to him!

Secondly, if you don't answer my questions, how do you expect me to help you?

When you say none work - what does that mean?
Do they not send anything?
Do they send the wrong thing?

Virtual key code for @ (on my keyboard at least) is HEX 0x1c0 (448 decimal) but as it required shift also, the following works for me {shift}{vkc:448}
Scan code for @ on my keyboard (UK/GB English) HEX 0x10028 (65576 decimal) and this also works: {shift}{sc:65576}

But then as I said, simply using @ in the key sequence works for me - perhaps because my locale is English. If the @ key is on your keyboard there WILL be a scan code for it and a virtual keycode for it - finding said code is the tricky bit (scan code at least is physically key location dependent) and you may well need {shift} before it if you have to press SHIFT + the key on your keyboard.

As for using the alt combo - it may be possible, but simulated keystrokes {ALT}64 wont work because it will release ALT after the 6. You may be able to use {PRESS}{ALT}64{RELEASE}{ALT} with method 1 (or perhaps a different method will be required)
Infact it seems I can no longer type ALT and a number to insert the ASCII code. I'm sure it used to work - maybe its application specific - this means I cant test it though.
--[ Phil ]--