Xmouse working on games call Cabal when I do remote pc ultraviewer

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
gylerz
New User

Xmouse working on games call Cabal when I do remote pc ultraviewer

Post by gylerz »

XMBC Version: 2.19.2
Windows Version: windows 10
Mouse Information (brand/model): normal logitech
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc):
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?):
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?):
How long have you used XMBC?: first time in 3 days

Hi need help, I'm using xmbc for game calls Cabal online, my problem is when running cabal online using middle mouse to active xmbc nothing happen on cabal online, but I figure out when I do remote pc using ultraviewer, xmbc working well on cabal online, then I try off ultraviewer connection, it's not working, sorry I cannot share picture for the first post.. Help please
phil
Site Admin

Re: Xmouse working on games call Cabal when I do remote pc ultraviewer

Post by phil »

I'm afraid many online games block tools like XMBC and others because they can be used to cheat. I expect the game detects simulated input API's used by XMBC to block the keystrokes. I'm not sure why it would work using the remote control, does the machine you are remote controlling have XMBC installed? If not, maybe the game does not detect the input as suspicious - I don't really know, but I don't think there is much I can offer in the way of assistance.

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
gylerz
New User

Post by gylerz »

Pc that I remote don't have xmbc.. That's weird cause without do connection remote pc wot working. By the way thank you so much phill for reply mine question appreciated 😊
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I expect when NOT on the remote PC (i.e. on the local one WITH XMBC) the game is detecting XMBC and blocking simulated input.
On the remote PC, Without XMBC, the game does not detect XMBC (as it is not there) and respects/receives the simulated keystrokes.

The other possibility is that this ultraview remote program sends the input to the remote machine differently, in a way that it is not detected/blocked by the game. But I don't know how Ultraview works so its only a guess.

As its an online game, and many online games detect/block XMBC and/or the Microsoft SendInput API that XMBC uses, there is nothing that can be done in XMBC to avoid that blocking.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)