How do I set XMBC to only function with a specific program?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
User123
New User

How do I set XMBC to only function with a specific program?

Post by User123 »

Hello,

As the title reads I'm trying to configure XMBC to only function with a specific program but it seems whenever I create a profile for the program I want it to work with the settings are automatically transfered over to the "default" profile as well so the same binds are present even on the desktop which I do not want.

Is there a way to stop this or just disable the default profile? Trying to delete it throws an error message stating it can't be deleted...

Thank you.
phil
Site Admin

Re: How do I set XMBC to only function with a specific program?

Post by phil »

Firstly, why did you delete the posting template? It specifically prompts you for the information I ask for in the forum posting rules (which I guess you didn't read or I wouldn't have to start my reply with this comment :(), I have absolutely no idea of the basics, like what version of XMBC, Windows, any relevant hardware considerations. It means I'm answering your question partially blind!

Having said that, you can't delete the default profile but if you leave the default profile set to nothing, don't intercept then it should do nothing. Setting up a profile for an application certainly should not apply any of that profile to the default profile. I have many profiles and not one of them effects my default profile so if that is genuinely happening, I need to figure out why - please export and send a copy of your settings file to me so I can investigate.

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
User123
New User

Post by User123 »

Windows
2.19.2 Portable

All I'm trying to do is disable the mouse Y Axis for a game as a test to start. I just downloaded this yesterday for the first time.

There doesn't seem to be an option on this forum to upload files and you have the board set to not alllow links so I can't provide one to a file host with the xml settings you requested.

Thanks.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

You need 4 post before you can add files and links. This is intentional because of the amount of spam bots try and send (as is explained in the forum rules and the NOTE above every post!).

You can use the PM facility to send me the files though or email them direct to me phil [at] highrez [dot] co {dot} uk
--[ Phil ]--
User123
New User

Post by User123 »

I'm receiving the same error regarding links when I try to PM you as well.

I just emailed you the link to the file host where the file is uploaded.

Thanks.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK I got the email.... And the good news, after one more post, you can use links, images and attach files!
I'll let you know here when I have managed to try out your settings and what I find.

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
User123
New User

Post by User123 »

Any update?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Sorry, not had time to have a proper look. First impressions were I couldn't see anything obviously wrong but I haven't had a chance to actually run up your profile - busy weekend I'm afraid which is when I usually get to look at XMBC.
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I've just loaded up the settings you sent me - and both profiles (default and rebel moon rising) are all set to "** No change (Don't intercept) **" so now I'm really confused. If both profiles are all set to do nothing, I have no idea how anything other than nothing can be done!

I'm not going to get anywhere with that, so I think the next step is to get some debug logging to try and figure out whats going on. Turn on debug logging in the "Updates and Logging" tab, make sure you OK and APPLY the change, then go and activate each profile (rebel moon rising) and press a few buttons, then default and press a few buttons. That should log which profile is active and what buttons are being pressed, and how XMBC is translating those buttons. Send me a copy of the log file (it should be quite large/verbose with debug enabled).

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--