Need help

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Vinnmas
New User

Need help

Post by Vinnmas »

XMBC Version: v2.19.2
Windows Version: Windows 10
Mouse Information (brand/model): Cheap mouse
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc):
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?):
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?):
How long have you used XMBC?: 2 years
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: english

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:

I have Set MB5 as Sticky hold SPACE button , what i want is when i press to release MB5 (SPACE), X button should be held down and when again I press to hold MB5 (SPACE), X button should be released, is it possible?
phil
Site Admin

Re: Need help

Post by phil »

Sorry I dont really understand what you mean.
The first click will press and hold the button (remapped to space) and the second click, will stop holding the button (and thus space).

You cant make the first click stop holding space (as its not held yet) and the second click start holding space if thats what you mean?
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Vinnmas
New User

Post by Vinnmas »

Sorry im newbie, really difficult to explain, what i want is when i release a click, a specified button should be stay triggered automatically till i click again, So If I release sticky held MB5 button that is simulating space button, X button should be sticky held till i click sticky held MB5,

or MB4 button is simulating x button and MB5 button is simulating space button both are sticky held but when MB5 clicked for sticky held, MB4 should be released and when i released MB5 button, MB4 should stay trigger till i again click MB5

Sorry if its confusing, I'm physically disabled and this software helped me much so im trying to explore more, thanks
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK I'm not sure if this is possible, generally XMBC will not work with multiple sticky's at a time. all I can think of right now, is that if you have sticky held set on button 5, and sticky held set on button 4, then pressing button 5 will kick off the sticky held on button 5, hitting button 4 will cancel the button 5 sticky and start the button 4 sticky....

But there is no way to start the button 4 sticky when releasing button 5 - its just not possible the way it currently works
--[ Phil ]--
Vinnmas
New User

Post by Vinnmas »

i dont want multiple sticky held at once, what i need is when i release the 1st sticky held, another sticky held should be trigger by itself till i active the 1st sticky held again, so basically im only operating one sticky held at a time but 2nd sticky held should be simulated auto only after 1st sticky held released

Thanks for reply
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Yes I get that, the only way that is possible right now, is as I said, if the second sticky is initiated by its own button (it will cancel the first sticky and start the second one. So instead or pressing button 5 to release and start sticky of button 4, you would have to press button 5 to cancel stick of button 5 and start sticky of button 4, and then button 5 to cancel sticky of button 4 ans start sticky of button 5 and so on...

That the only way it can "work" in XMBC right now. I know its not ideal but anything else will require a code change, which is possible but not going to be quick right now.
--[ Phil ]--
Vinnmas
New User

Post by Vinnmas »

phil wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:10 pm Yes I get that, the only way that is possible right now, is as I said, if the second sticky is initiated by its own button (it will cancel the first sticky and start the second one. So instead or pressing button 5 to release and start sticky of button 4, you would have to press button 5 to cancel stick of button 5 and start sticky of button 4, and then button 5 to cancel sticky of button 4 ans start sticky of button 5 and so on...

How exactly i can get this to work?

That the only way it can "work" in XMBC right now. I know its not ideal but anything else will require a code change, which is possible but not going to be quick right now.
I will wait for this future update, thanks
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Vinnmas wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:48 am How exactly i can get this to work?
Simply set both buttons up as stick hold... then to cancel/start the new sticky press the button for that sticky - you don't have to release the other button, starting the new sticky will automatically stop the old sticky (because as I said before, XMBC cant do more than one sticky at once!).
--[ Phil ]--
SelmaAdam
New User

Post by SelmaAdam »

Had this issue too there's need for a specified button triggering automatically till i click again
Vinnmas
New User

Post by Vinnmas »

Simply set both buttons up as stick hold... then to cancel/start the new sticky press the button for that sticky - you don't have to release the other button, starting the new sticky will automatically stop the old sticky (because as I said before, XMBC cant do more than one sticky at once!).
[/quote]

Sadly it did not work, both sticky held was active at once

basically want im trying to do is, play F1 2020, using mouse steering, so i have set MB 4 as sticky held S button for acceleration and MB 5 as sticky held space button for brake, so i tried to keep acceleration(s button) always on by sticky held and pressed the brake(space button) when needed, hoping it will stop the old sticky(s button) but it didnt, both sticky held were active as it was accelerating and braking at the same time,
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hummmm thats odd - it worked for me (in notepad)...
Check XMBC advanced settings and see what the "Reset sticky buttons when any other button is pressed" is set to (its unticked for me and still worked)...
Try ticking it and see if it helps/makes any difference...
both sticky held were active as it was accelerating and braking at the same time
LOL I did that once in a <real> single seater at Silverstone (the brake and accelerator pedals were a little too close together for me!) - not a good idea when cornering :)
--[ Phil ]--