How do I swap just my RMB-hold and MMB-hold?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
cadSnoodent
New User

How do I swap just my RMB-hold and MMB-hold?

Post by cadSnoodent »

Hi, so I'm trying to figure out how to capture my right click hold, and turn that into the middle click hold, and vice versa for the middle click hold. What's the option to do that? I see something that says sticky but I feel like that's wrong.
phil
Site Admin

Re: How do I swap just my RMB-hold and MMB-hold?

Post by phil »

Probably the easiest way, use simulated keystrokes, choose method 3 (during) and the tags {RMB} or {MMB} for right / middle respectivly.
Sticky is different its effectivly one click to press and hold and a second click to release.

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
cadSnoodent
New User

Post by cadSnoodent »

Apologies but It is very unclear what I am to do, I don't know what this has to do with scrolling (I only see one reference to method 3 in the manual)

Just to be clear, I need scroll, rightclick, middleclick, to function as normal still. It's just the hold behaviors of the two buttons that need to swap. This is all just for the fact that my CAD program doesn't let me use RMB-Hold to orbit (instead uses MMB-Hold, which I can't stand).
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Nothing to do with scrolling, sorry for the confusion!

Choose "Simulated Keystrokes" for the button mapping.
In the simkey setup window that pops up:
Enter either {MMB} or {RMB} in the "keys to send" input box (depending which button you are setting up and what you want to swap it to MMB = Middle Mouse Button, RMB = Right Mouse Button).
How to send the simulated keystrokes: 3 During (...)
simkeys.png
Ahh I think I also got confused by the whole holding issue - I thought you meant while you held the button you wanted it to be doing a different thing.
So ignore the above. Look at the "Button Held" options instead and in there, you can choose what do do depending on how long the button is held (including the above simulated keystrokes if need be).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Something like this maybe (not actually tested it but hopefully it points you in the right direction).
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--[ Phil ]--