Simulated Keys Opens Many Tabs in Edge at Once

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
xlook
Dedicated

Simulated Keys Opens Many Tabs in Edge at Once

Post by xlook »

I configured xmouse to work on firefox to open a new tab using simulated keys: 'CNTL' and 'T' which work fine. But on the edge browser, 3 - 5 tabs open all at once. How do I fix this?
xlook
Dedicated

Re: Simulated Keys Opens Many Tabs in Edge at Once

Post by xlook »

bump bump
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Thanks for the bump, I haven't replied yet because I've no idea why it would be doing this only in Edge (I don't use Edge much myself) and I haven't had a chance to try it yet - you know life and work getting in the way and all that :(

With a bit of luck I may find some time tomorrow to have a look for you.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Seems to work fine here in firefox, edge and chrome... One tab every time!
Perhaps you'd be good enough to actually tell me how you setup the simkeys?
{CTRL}T - but what method to send are you using?
--[ Phil ]--
xlook
Dedicated

Post by xlook »

phil wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:16 am Seems to work fine here in firefox, edge and chrome... One tab every time!
Perhaps you'd be good enough to actually tell me how you setup the simkeys?
{CTRL}T - but what method to send are you using?
Hey Phil.. appreciate the response. To answer your question, I set up my sim key as CTRL + T. Hope you can help with this since this same set up works without issue on my other browsers.

Looking forward to your reply!
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Obviously CTRL+T - but what method did you select to send (which is what I actually asked it my response above!)?
Because CTRL+T and method one, as I said, is working perfectly here, which gives me pretty much nothing to go on to explain why it wouldn't work for you!

If you are also using method 1 (on press) then we need to go deeper - and perhaps do some debug logging. Enable that in the logging/update tab. Once enabled, go to the Edge browser, press the button and reproduce the error. Important: make a note of the time that you do this so it makes it easier to find in the verbose log - then send me the log (attach to a PM or directly here - whatever!).

Regards
--[ Phil ]--
xlook
Dedicated

Post by xlook »

phil wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:48 pm Obviously CTRL+T - but what method did you select to send (which is what I actually asked it my response above!)?
Because CTRL+T and method one, as I said, is working perfectly here, which gives me pretty much nothing to go on to explain why it wouldn't work for you!

If you are also using method 1 (on press) then we need to go deeper - and perhaps do some debug logging. Enable that in the logging/update tab. Once enabled, go to the Edge browser, press the button and reproduce the error. Important: make a note of the time that you do this so it makes it easier to find in the verbose log - then send me the log (attach to a PM or directly here - whatever!).

Regards
Hi Phil,

Excuse my late response. To answer your question, the method I use is, 'as mouse button is pressed' with 'block original mouse input' on 'tilt wheel right.'

Attached is my log as you had requested. The date/time of action is, Thurs, 4/28 @ 9:42PM, Eastern Standard Time.

Looking forward to your feedback, thank you Phil!
Edge.txt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Ahhhh the in tilt right is probably the key here. Tilt is not a button with discrete down and up messages it repeats a single ‘I’m being pressed’ which probably explains the repeated tabs!

On the Options tab for the profile turn on the option to ignore repeated horizontal scroll messages when remapped (can’t remember the exact words and I’m not in front of my computer) but that should fix it - you may need to adjust the time (ms) field too but probably not!

See if that helps!
--[ Phil ]--
xlook
Dedicated

Post by xlook »

phil wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:38 am Ahhhh the in tilt right is probably the key here. Tilt is not a button with discrete down and up messages it repeats a single ‘I’m being pressed’ which probably explains the repeated tabs!

On the Options tab for the profile turn on the option to ignore repeated horizontal scroll messages when remapped (can’t remember the exact words and I’m not in front of my computer) but that should fix it - you may need to adjust the time (ms) field too but probably not!

See if that helps!
Hi Phil,

Yes! That did the trick. Thank you for everything Phil... youre a lifesaver!