How to prevent "Tilt Wheel" setting applying to touchpad?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
hazymat
New User

How to prevent "Tilt Wheel" setting applying to touchpad?

Post by hazymat »

XMBC Version: 2.19.2
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 20H2

I use a mouse with a mousewheel tilt, which I like to assign to back / forward for browsing the web. However when I swipe right or left with two fingers on my touchpad, and XBMC is set to Back / Forward for "Tilt Wheel Left / Right", then the swipe registers lots of tilt events.

This prevents me from being able to pan & zoom on webpages or in OneNote, instead it browses away from the pages I'm looking at!

Instead I'd prefer it to use the default settings (which I can get back by changing to "No Change / Don't intercept") which is that the two-finger left and right swipes on the touchpad just do sideways scrolling.

How can I use mouse wheel tilt, but separate this out from the two finger swipe on the touchpad?
phil
Site Admin

Re: How to prevent "Tilt Wheel" setting applying to touchpad?

Post by phil »

I'm afraid you cant, at least not with XMBC.
XMBC uses Windows Hooks to intercept the messages, and these hooks are device independent (that is, they do not provide any information as to the source device). So as far as XMBC is concerned, it does not know where the message came from and can not distinguish between devices.

Sorry!
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)