Right keys don't act as Modifiers (ctrl, alt)

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
bday
New User

Right keys don't act as Modifiers (ctrl, alt)

Post by bday »

XMBC Version: Just for windows
Windows Version: 10 (pro 19042.867)
Mouse Information (brand/model): x-keys l-trac (but that's not a factor)
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): AMD ryzen 3900 32gb
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): No
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): No
How long have you used XMBC?: Not on this PC
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: US 104-key

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:

Right and Left cntl/alt don't work the same

I am mapping middle button to cut and paste. The problem is that the right keys ctrl or alt on the keyboard don't trigger the Modifier action. This is easy to see once they are applied as the control dialog nicely switches with the Modifier key. But only the keys on the left. I also tried key combinations, with the same result.

I found the "on-screen" keyboard in windows and it sees the right keys the same as the left. And windows takes them the same.

I am using X-mouse to make windows cut/paste more usable for my left hand moussing. My normal environment has always been Linux where cut/paste is a mouse click away.

Thanks!