Can you make a macos version ?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Artus25200
New User

Can you make a macos version ?

Post by Artus25200 »

i am on macos and i really need to change mu mouse debounce time. Can you make a little mac version on wich you can change your mouse debounce time ?
Thank you
phil
Site Admin

Re: Can you make a macos version ?

Post by phil »

No, Its a completely completely different architecture. XMBC is built on top of the Windows mouse message hook system. Other OS's do things differently so would it wouldn't be a simple recompile but a complete re-write - and as I don't use MacOS and have no experience of it development wise, simply not something I could even contemplate.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Artus25200
New User

Post by Artus25200 »

Can You just give me the code who change the debounce time ? i will try to make a mac version
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Its quite basic - if you are able to intercept the mouse messages.
Just look for a second button pressed message within the defined time for a bounce and if you see one, block it (don't allow it to pass on further into the OS) - that's all XMBC does.

No point sharing the code because as I said, its dependent on the Windows mouse hook API which will not be the same on OSx.But the theory stand IF and only if you have the ability to intercept and block messages early enough in the message chain. I have no idea how (or even if) you can hook into mouse messages in OSX.

To be fair, XMBC's way of doing it is very crude and not all that accurate. Really this needs to be done the in mouse driver or hardware itself - and frankly, that fact that is isn't means that's its difficult to get right 100% of the time.
I have had mouse buttons start bouncing, and XMBC has failed to make it much better - so normally it means getting out the soldering iron and simply replacing the button switch inside the mouse! Ive done several on my Logitech G9 (its too good to replace!). Luckily the micro switches are cheap and relatively easy to replace on the mouse.

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Artus25200
New User

Post by Artus25200 »

Thank you for the reply, i will try my best.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Let me know if you manage to figure out how to find a way to globally hook/preprocess mouse messages in OSX - if you do, and are able to block the messages from going to the system, then it should be reasonably simple. I did a quick google yesterday but didn't find very much (this functionality is rarely used in Windows so ifs a bit difficult to google, but I imagine even less so on other OS's). The only one or two directly related messages seemed to suggest that OSX does not have the same facility, but it may have other ways of doing things, so its difficult to know if its even possible or not at this stage.
--[ Phil ]--
Artus25200
New User

Post by Artus25200 »

I found a command who allow to change the double click speed, i set it at 1ms and 1000ms it worked both.
And there is a software named steermouse wich allow to configure the buttons.
helpmepls
New User

Post by helpmepls »

Hi,
Would you mind specifying what command exactly that was?
Thanks!
Razou
New User

Post by Razou »

please what is this command I've searched for days to find a way to reduce my debounce time