Change slash for open brace

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Nassar
New User

Change slash for open brace

Post by Nassar »

XMBC Version: 2.19.2
Windows Version: 10 pro
Mouse Information (brand/model): Trust GCT-130
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): intel m5 ram 8GB
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): i dont remember xD
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): No
How long have you used XMBC?: I have used it for more than 5 years, but I had not used it for more than 1 year
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: Español (mexico)

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:

Hi

recently I started using x-mouse again when I opened it, it asked me to update and install version 2.19.2

In simulteted keys I have configured "https:slashslash"
but when using it inserts "https:{{"

changes the slash to open brace

I thought that maybe it was a distribution problem, but I tried all the symbols on my keyboard and none of them generated the slash. I can only detect that when using the equal "=" it changes for plus "+"

Could you tell me what I'm doing wrong? :(

(An apology if this is a known topic, I looked in the forum and I did not find anything about it, maybe I am bad looking in forums)

Thanks for your time and help
phil
Site Admin

Re: Change slash for open brace

Post by phil »

Thats an odd (and not a known) one... I don't suppose your keyboard layout has the slash '/' and open brace '{' on the same key does it (with shift to differentiate)? I did search for mexican keyboard layouts and it appears not to be the case, so I don't think that's the answer but its worth checking as its the only thing I can think of that would cause this.

Ive tried it here (English UK keyboard) and it works as expected, so it must be something keyboard/language related :?
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Nassar
New User

Post by Nassar »

Hi Phil,

First thanks for your time.

It's correct, the brace and the slash are not on the same key, I tried configuring my keyboard to US and UK, in both it keeps changing the symbols.

MX / -> {
US / -> \
UK / -> #

Also try reinstalling the app and it remains the same.

Thanks
Nassar
New User

Post by Nassar »

Hi Phil,

Suddenly with US and UK keyboard it started to work well, but not with MX now it puts close brace

MX / -> }
US / OK
UK / OK

I really do not understand why, but I will continue doing tests and I will tell you the results.

Thanks