chording mouse 4 with scroll wheel up and down

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
almatskhan
New User

chording mouse 4 with scroll wheel up and down

Post by almatskhan »

XMBC Version: 2.19.2
Windows Version: 10 Pro
Mouse Information (brand/model): A4tech N-708X
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): Inter i5-6500, nVidia GeForce 1660S
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): Nah
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): Nope
How long have you used XMBC?: A day
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: Eng, Rus, Kaz

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).: i want to scroll left and right with the wheel while mouse 4 is pressed but the chord often doesn't establish and when it does, only for one scroll. if i chord right click with wheel up and down, it all works fine.

it might be a hardware issue. could someone try to chord mouse 4 with mouse wheel up/down which are set to scroll left and right?
phil
Site Admin

Re: chording mouse 4 with scroll wheel up and down

Post by phil »

By default, chording is cancelled when the mouse moves (by a small amount - its not difficult to accidentally cancel the chord) - this is because when chording on left/right buttons, it must not interfere with drag/drop type operations.
Have you tried turning off "Unblock when the mouse moves" to see if that helps? Its not so relevant on button 4 as there is no drag/drop type operations on that button by default.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
almatskhan
New User

Post by almatskhan »

yes, i've disabled unlocking when mouse moves and when time passes. i've messed around a bit more and i think it only works if i manage to press mouse 4 and scroll at the same time but "wheel up/down" light up blue. if i just hold down mouse 4 and scroll, "wheel up/down" don't light up at all. same with mouse 5. might have something to do with my mouse 4/5 buttons specifically cause it all works fine if i chord holding right click with scroll up/down to scroll left/right.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Same response to your other thread - if you send me your settings I will see if I can reproduce here.
Do you have any other mouse software that may be interfering? Does the muse come with drivers/software to remap the buttons (like Logitech mice do)?
--[ Phil ]--
almatskhan
New User

Post by almatskhan »

oops, sorry, sent the profile without that chording. i'll send you the profile again in a sec.
the mouse is plug and play but i did download some "8 in right" program the manufacturer had on their website (basically poor man's xmbc). wrestled with it for a few hours and deleted. probably isn't affecting anything but i'll attach the link with the profile just in case.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK well firstly, lets stick to the one thread for now (as posting the same to both will get confusing quickly) :) I suspect the issues are related anyway.
With your first profile, just the button4 + left/right cording, it seems to be working find for me with the left and right buttons.

So that immediately suggests something with your mouse. The question is what. If you have removed the 8 in one program then I guess its not going to be that :).

I think the next step will be to gather some debug logging... To do that:
1. Enable debug logging on the Updates and Logging tab in XMBC.
2. OK/APPLY that change.
3. Run some of the chords, lets do it in order.... (you can leave the XMBC setup window open) = leave a few seconds between each test to make it easier to spot each on in the log).
Button4 + Left - Make a note of the time (ideally with seconds)
Button4 + Right - Make a note of the time (ideally with seconds)
Button 4 + Scroll Up - Make a note of the time (ideally with seconds)
Button 4 + Scroll Down - Make a note of the time (ideally with seconds)
4. Turn off debug logging
5. Send me a copy of the log file (can be opened from the updates and logging tab) and include the times that you noted in each test.

Thanks.
Phil
--[ Phil ]--