Maintaining functionality for layer modifier keys

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
oisinvg
New User

Maintaining functionality for layer modifier keys

Post by oisinvg »

Hi,

I'm able to work layer modifiers, but I find it removes regular functionality of the key otherwise.
For example, I have changed my mouse side buttons from browser Back and Forward to media Rewind and Skip, and on layer 2 made them both pause. I changed the scroll wheel button to a layer modifier so wheel button+side button will pause music.
Problem is now I can use the mouse wheel button eg for open link in new tab. I can't find a way to maintain its functionality when clicked alone.

Any solution? Thanks
oisinvg
New User

Re: Maintaining functionality for layer modifier keys

Post by oisinvg »

From phil:

Why would you use layer modifiers in that way. Layer modifiers are intended to be used as keyboard shortcuts to switch layers, not to do so from a mouse button (while it works, its not the most efficient way of doing it, and as you notice, you loose the functionality of the button you choose to send the key to invoke the layer). If you want to switch layers on a mouse button, just use the change layer option rather than the layer modifiers....

BUT for what you want to do (use the button by default and ALSO change media when used in combination with other buttons), I suggest using button chording not layers. I do it that way. Setup up button chording on your trigger button (middle button) and in the chord configurator, set buttons 4 and 5 to media previous/next. That way your chord button can both implement the chord OR work as it does by default if you press it alone (without the subsequent chord buttons).

Regards
oisinvg
New User

Post by oisinvg »

In response: sorry for not reading the rules I dont use forums all that much more accustomed to social media than boards.

Where is chording on the application? Maybe you could point me to the right part in the documentation and I can help myself.

Thanks
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Button chording should be near the top of the dropdown for the button assignments.
Page 7 in the user manual :)
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
oisinvg
New User

Post by oisinvg »

Thanks, found it. Btw the program is damn handy. Never thought I would benefit from it so much. 8)