Mouse spasms and sensitivity issues using XMBC

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
HollaFoil
New User

Mouse spasms and sensitivity issues using XMBC

Post by HollaFoil »

XMBC Version: 2.19.2
Windows Version: Lastest (Win 10)
Mouse Information (brand/model): Logitech g102
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): 16gb dd4 ram, Intel I5 9400f
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): No, XMBC in general causes the issue.
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): No
How long have you used XMBC?: A week
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?:

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:
I checked, and there seems to be a post pretty recently detailing the same (or similar) issue, without any solutions, so I'm here trying to see if you could help (I could provide some new info not provided before?):
https://forums.highrez.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4372

Basically, while in game (only tested on minecraft) the mouse cursor will, from time to time, have spasms, dpi issues, overall oddities. I've tried turning off every related setting in xmbc that changed anything relating to mouse movement, put it on real time priority. My cpu, ram and gpu are not bottlenecking. It is very difficult to show this, but I've tried my best to record what's happening:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=kWQwImzrwLw (I tried moving my mouse at constant speeds, but if you look closely, while in game, the mouse moves at wildly different speeds).

This issue only happens with xmbc installed, and there's something that causes the mouse to keep jumping, speeding up, etc. It also seems to mainly only happen with an app that teleports your mouse to the center while handling input (like most games).
phil
Site Admin

Re: Mouse spasms and sensitivity issues using XMBC

Post by phil »

More evidence is always good... I have been unable to find anything so far in the previous post, but the fact you have better hardware and it still happens is good (the more reproducible the better when it comes to investigating problems like this). It looks like I'm going to have to install minecraft myself and see if I can reproduce it - it it happens with 24 core 5900x, 32Gb RAM and a RTX 2070 its defo not going to be a hardware issue (lol). Hopefully the trial version will be enough :) Now I just need to find some time to spend on it!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)