Horizontal scroll functionality in MS Excel - How?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
OriKuper
New User

Horizontal scroll functionality in MS Excel - How?

Post by OriKuper »

XMBC Version: 2.19.2
Windows Version: 10 Home 64
Mouse Information (brand/model): MiniCute EZMouse 5

Hello, I'm trying to create a horizontal scroll functionality using my up/down scroll wheel. For MS Excel.
In Mozilla Firefox for example, They have a built-in native shortcut of Shift+Vertical wheel (Scroll) = Horizontal scroll. However in Excel there is no native option/shortcut for horizontal scroll.

Using XMouse, I tried using a modifier (Alt) to switch temporarily to Layer 2. And in layer 2 I set the wheel up/down as "Wheel tilt left/right. That didn't work. So I tried assigning the {LEFT}/{RIGHT} instead. That also didn't work.
What am I missing here? How can I make my vertical wheel to work (temporarily) for Horizontal scrolling in MS Excel?
Thanks!
phil
Site Admin

Re: Horizontal scroll functionality in MS Excel - How?

Post by phil »

Just tried this here - and its working using the tilt left/right option on layer two with ALT as the modified...
Here is a copy of the Excel profile I just setup and is working...
Excel.xmbcs
NOTE: I'm using Excel Pro 2016 - unable to test on other versions... What do you have?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
OriKuper
New User

Post by OriKuper »

phil wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:00 pm Just tried this here - and its working using the tilt left/right option on layer two with ALT as the modified...
Here is a copy of the Excel profile I just setup and is working... Excel.xmbcs

NOTE: I'm using Excel Pro 2016 - unable to test on other versions... What do you have?
I'm using Excel 2007 :) I know... old... but works fine!
Your xmbcs file is similar to what I did... at least seems like it... I'm wondering if the mouse has to have a tilt right left option in it (mine doesn't). I hoped that the software would mimic it, even though the mouse doesn't contain that physical button/functionality: as my mouse has a scroll whell, but it doesn't tilt... it can just wheel up/down/ button press.

Can that be the issue? the lack of physical tilter on my mouse? And if so - any other way to mimic horizontal scroll?

*EDIT: I added your 'Excel' profile in addition to mine, and now apparently the regular wheeling up and down in my Excel doesn't work. Once I take off your profile and leaving only mine (default) it works again... So... What's goin on here??
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Firstly, it shouldn't matter if you have a tilt wheel or not - that is, you shouldn't need one - because XMBC should be able to send the relevant tilt messages.

I do wonder if Excel 2007 supports horizontal tilt messages at all (its that old that it might not!).

Regarding my profile not working, it may be because I had changed the scrolling method on the scrolling tab to something other than "default" (I'm not sure but its possible). It was working for me - but then so were the remapped TILT messages.

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
OriKuper
New User

Post by OriKuper »

Ok thanks. In case that the old Excel 2007 cannot understand the command of "tilt" from XMBC (nor from anywhere else, maybe) - any suggestions per how I can make at least something similiar to this? For example "move 1 cell or X cells" to the right/left..? as in - by using the wheel?