Turning Off Scroll Wheel Click

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
txsgent
New User

Turning Off Scroll Wheel Click

Post by txsgent »

XMBC Version:
Windows Version:
Mouse Information (brand/model):
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc):
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?):
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?):
How long have you used XMBC?:
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?:

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:
No XMBC Verson
Windows 10
Microsoft Mouse Bluetooth
I am using the Xmouse Button Control software version 2.19.2
My issue is this.
I want to turn off Clicking On The Scroll Wheel. I don't want to use the Click on the wheel at all.
So, How Do I Disable just Click option on the Scroll Wheel?
I like scrolling just one line at a time, do not need it changing and want to fast scroll.
At 71 years of age, I accidentally do click the scroll wheel. Not because I want to. I just do, and I hate seeing that up down cursor, that wants to fast scroll on the page I am on.. I know you can just click and it will go away, I prefer to be able to disable it totally on clicking of the scroll wheel.
I hope I explained myself and provided enough info
Thanks for any and all help,
txsgent
phil
Site Admin

Re: Turning Off Scroll Wheel Click

Post by phil »

The scroll wheel button is button 3 (middle). So in XMBC, just set the middle button to "Disable"
That should do it.

EDIT: I notice you are not actually using XMBC yet. I don't know if there is a way to disable buttons in Windows without any other software (such as XMBC) I don't believe it is possible but I cant be 100% sure. Some mice (expensive Logitech ones) can be reprogrammed at the device level (using the Logitech software) and have that configuration stored on the mouse itself (very expensive ones). My Logitech G9 can do that. But I'm pretty sure none of the microsoft mice have any such feature - It *may* be possible in the MS Mouse and Keyboard software if that is installed - Im not sure as I don't use it.

Of course if you really wanted to do this without installing additional software, you could always dismantle the mouse and physically disconnect/break the button/switch attached to the middle click - but you would risk damaging the wheel also (and maybe the mouse as a whole!) so I can recommend doing that with any seriousness!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
txsgent
New User

Re: Turning Off Scroll Wheel Click

Post by txsgent »

Thank you so much, disabling the middle button did the trick.
I appreciate your help and speedy reply.
Again Thank You Very Much!!! :D