are there problems relataed using more than 1 mice?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
gaia
Dedicated

are there problems relataed using more than 1 mice?

Post by gaia »

Hi

are there some issues if i use more than one mouse (same brand /differente model or 2 mices of different brands) in the same moment ?

thanks
Site Admin

Re: are there problems relataed using more than 1 mice?

Post by phil »

XMBC is unable to determine the source of mouse messages - that is, it uses Windows mouse hooks, which do not indicate the source.
So it depends what you mean by problems! Detecting the device is not possible - and if you send button down on two devices at the same time before button up, it could confuse things - what are you seeing?
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
gaia
Dedicated

Post by gaia »

phil wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:37 am XMBC is unable to determine the source of mouse messages - that is, it uses Windows mouse hooks, which do not indicate the source.
So it depends what you mean by problems! Detecting the device is not possible - and if you send button down on two devices at the same time before button up, it could confuse things - what are you seeing?
Hi Phil
it was just a question , i have seeing a very nice mouse on a store ,a Razer Orochi 7 button and i wonder if i can use in the same moment with my logitech
just a question
Site Admin

Post by phil »

You can have multiple mice connected to your PC at the same time. If you move both at the same time, they will "fight" each other :).
There are even some programs that *can* tell the difference between them - but most standard windows apps will see both mice as sending the same inputs, XMBC included.

So yes you can do it, just don't expect to be able to configure one mouse differently from the other in XMBC.

Oh also, XMBC will only be able to remap 5 of those 7 buttons (but I expect the Razor software will do the rest if need be - same as with any mouse with more than 5 buttons in XMBC)

Just an answer :)
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)