WAITMS not working for me?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
LDAsh
New User

WAITMS not working for me?

Post by LDAsh »

...either that or I have a fundamental misunderstanding of Simulated Keys as a sequence?
(using the latest version as of this post)

{ALT}ipb{ENTER}{WAITMS:3}{WAITMS:33}{WAITMS:333}{CTRL}+S

CTRL+S to save (in a 2D image editor), but this actually seems to be saving before doing the ALT operations, which actually work. It's strange that "ALT IPB ENTER" works in order. But, it's as if everything is happening all at the same moment, and WAITMS does nothing. I also tried it without the colon.

Everything I've read in the documentation and this forum leads me to believe this should be working, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
phil
Site Admin

Re: WAITMS not working for me?

Post by phil »

What send method are you using for you simkeys?
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
LDAsh
New User

Post by LDAsh »

Send method...
Layer 5, middle mouse button, "1 As mouse button is pressed"?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK the "as mouse button is pressed" is send method 1.
I just wanted to make sure because that one certainly should be sending the keys and the waits in order (which means I now dont understand why it would be missing).

Can you turn on debug logging (settings -> Logging and Updates tab) then OK/APPLY that, then go press the middle button to activate the key sequence. If its on layer 5, how are you activating layer 5 by the way? (If its by layer modifier key then that might explain the problem because that key will be also interfering with the simulated keys!!).

Anyway the debug log should help see at least what keys (and delays) are being sent, so send me over a copy of that (by PM, email or post the relevant snippet here).

Thanks
--[ Phil ]--
LDAsh
New User

Post by LDAsh »

I PM'd you the log.

I activate the layer with the taskbar notification icon, right-click and from the Layers menu.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK so the log is pretty clear to me that the delays ARE indeed being added correctly, that is, looking at the timestamps - it does appear to be sending the keys with the specified delays. You see in the log at 19:52:23.059ms it queues all the keys, then they get sent starting with ALT down (0xA4) at 19:53:23.059 and ending up releasing the S at 19:53:23.433 (~400ms later).

However I have noticed that your sequence may not be doing what you wanted... Are you aware that {ALT}ibp will send ALT + i (then release i and ALT) and send/release p, b, enter (in order), then it will wait 369ms (3+33+333) then it will send CTRL++ then release the + and the CTRL and send/release s (on its own)

So I'm not sure {ALT}ipb{enter} is going to do what you really want and also, even more so, I'm not sure about {ctrl}+s - did you mean simply {ctrl}s ??

So to me, it will be doing ALT+i then p, b, enter (without ALT being held) is that what you want? If that bit IS working as you suggested, then great (ignore the next paragraph) but it its not working as expected and you want ALT to be held down while all IPB and enter keys are is pressed then that would be a bit more difficult. In that case you could try {alt}i{alt}{alt}b{alt}{enter} but I'm not sure if that will work as it will technically release ALT after each key and then press it again.... You might have to switch to a different send mode or make use of the {press}{release} tags {press}{alt}ibp{anter}{release}{alt} - but off the top of my head, Im not sure it that's correct, I would have to test it (but I havn't got time right now, I need to get to work!).

If the {alt}ipb{enter} bit really is working as intended, then probably all you need to do is just try getting rid of the '+' between {ctrl}s

But it certainly IS sending the delays!
--[ Phil ]--
LDAsh
New User

Post by LDAsh »

Thanks for clearing all of that up. To my better understanding, this is what I ended up with:-
{PRESS}{ALT}{WAITMS:7}{RELEASE}{ALT}{WAITMS:77}i{WAITMS:77}p{WAITMS:77}b{WAITMS:77}{ENTER}{WAITMS:777}{CTRL}s

This will press ALT to access the menu via keyboard, the 'i p b enter' to get the special effect applied to the image, then wait enough time to apply that effect, and then save the image. Very nice! Thank you.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Perfect... Glad you got that working as you would like.
The sim keys is a little complex/tricky initially but when you know how it works, it can be quite powerful and flexible.
--[ Phil ]--