mouse scroll wheel

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
mkraemer
New User

Re: mouse scroll wheel

Post by mkraemer »

phil wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:01 am(I don't think I've ever seen it change from +-120 - but maybe thats because I don't install any Logitech software).
Yes, you have to install the Logitech software to get the high resolution mode - or you have to use a Linux where this is compiled in the kernel. Maybe someone can port this stuff to Windows. :idea:

In the meantime I've just checked with Spy++ that my Logitech M705 sends in high resolution mode WM_MOUSEWHEEL-messages with a delta value of 1 when I scroll slowly (which means it sends 120 messages instead of 1 at normal resolution for the same angle) and if I scroll faster the delta value grows up - I think the driver accumulates the delta to avoid a message overrun.

That results in the strange fact that I can adjust the volume level better when I scroll faster because it generates less messages.
mkraemer
New User

Post by mkraemer »

When you google "Improve Zooming with Enhanced Mouse Wheels" than you find a page with a HiResScrollWheelEmulator for emulating a mouse wheel with high resolution. Of course you have to trust the application on this page for using it.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Just a little update - I installed Logitech options software and with my M720 was able to reproduce this (my Logitech G9 does not appear to have such options - maybe because it needs setpoint rather than "Options" which AFAIK is not available for Windows 10.

Anyway, I have modified XMBC to respect the highresolution scroll - seems to be working. It will be available in the next release (whenever that may be).

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)