Problem simulated letters of english language

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Max1993
New User

Problem simulated letters of english language

Post by Max1993 »

XMBC Version: 2.19.2
Windows Version: bootcamp Windows7
Mouse Information (brand/model): razer deathadder 2013
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): ryzen 3600, GTX 970
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): no
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): no
How long have you used XMBC?: more than a year
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: Russian

Hi,

Sometimes I come across an problem simulated letters of english language.
For exzample: emulation sequence 1?2?3? 4A5B6C7D
Instead of "?" - any Russian letters
It's displayed like this: 1?2?3? 4567
Keeping Russian letters and numbers, but ignoring the English ones.

The problem is observed only in third-party applications, such as the browser. While, in the windows inside the application itself, all the text is simulated entirely.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Problem simulated letters of english language

Post by phil »

Ive heard similar reports before - with people having trouble simulating keys for other languages (keyboard layouts). XMBC sends keys using scan codes, which I believe requires the keyboard to be set up correctly for the language you are sending (so if you enter the keys with a Russian keyboard, then switch to English, XMCB will send the English keys on those scan codes and not the Russian ones.

As I don't have any non-English (UK) keyboards its been really difficult for me to diagnose/fix (and I'm not entirely sure its even possible to fix using the SendInput API....

What is the setting "Load US English keyboard if no equivalent is available" in advanced settings set to - try switching it off (if it is on - I don't expect turning it on will help but maybe worth a try).

When you say it works in the windows inside the application itself - you mean in XMBC windows? But when sending to other windows (non-XMBC) it does not work - thats odd. What language is your system keyboard set to when this problem occurs (do you have multiple keyboard languages installed)?
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)