XMBC Macro Stops after moving cursor to another window.

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
thedaniel
New User

XMBC Macro Stops after moving cursor to another window.

Post by thedaniel »

XMBC Version: v2.19.2
Windows Version: 10, build 2004
Mouse Information (brand/model): Combo Punch tm-302
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): Dell Inspiron 5537 (8gb ram, i5)
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): I do not know.
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): I do not know
How long have you used XMBC?: i'm a new user.
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: PT/BR Abnt

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:

Hello, I have 2 monitors on my notebook, the default one, and a Hdmi monitor. While I use the notebook monitor to let a game on xmouse Macro, I use the Hdmi monitor to work on my projects. The point is, whenever I move the cursor out from the game window to another program (or even windows bottom bar), my Simulated Keys on that game stop working. I've configured simulated keys with Sticky option (repeatedly until button is pressed again).

Is there a way to make xmouse button macro work on a specific window game, while i'm using another program for work? For example, a browser navigator, or adobe photoshop. I'm new to this software, i tried to look for some configuration, and some topics in this forum, but i couldn't find anything related for this. I would be glad if someone could advise if it's possible to do, and how to do it, or if the program does not support that kind of functionality.
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC Macro Stops after moving cursor to another window.

Post by phil »

No, all keyboard input goes to the focused window in Windows. As soon as you change the focus window, the keys are going to go there. That's how Windows works!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)