Chording with a left tilt

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Chording with a left tilt

Post by phil »

Hi, I'm a little confused - but I think the log is usefull enough...

I can see that the chord has been activated (and de-activated or performing the default button action) twice, once at 07:09:08 (the profile is ?? ?? - ??? for notepad) and then again at 07:09:16 (the profile hasn't changed so is still ?? ?? - ???)- that is, the keys have been sent. The second attempt, at 07:09:16, appears to be a little different - it looks like the chord has been trigged by the 750ms since the button was pressed (rather than when you release the button as happens the first time it is sent).

What I am not seeing anywhere, is any evidence of the TILT wheel being pressed....

I wonder if your mouse blocks the tilt if another button is pressed?... If you open the setup window and press the tilt - you see it highlighted in orange right? So now hold button 5 and press the tilt - do they still highlight in orange? If not, then that would suggest that the tilt wheel is not sending the message through when you are holding button 5 down - which will stop the chord from detecting it.

Another slight confusion is that your 5th button (the one you are using for chording) appears to be "injected" that normally means it has not been sent directly from the mouse but by some software (like XMBC) calling the SendInput API (e.g. simulating the input). Do you have any other software for your mouse installed that may be doing that - maybe that is the problem - although it shouldn't make any difference - unless it is that other software blocking the tilt....

EDIT: It seems the forum does not support unicode characters! The profile name should read
Capture.PNG
not '?? ?? - ???'!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
greatxmouse

Post by greatxmouse »

I wonder if your mouse blocks the tilt if another button is pressed?
Chording from either 4th or 5th to tilting doesn't work.
If you open the setup window and press the tilt - you see it highlighted in orange right?
All others are shown in orange while being pressed, but tilting doesn't change the color in any actions, but works correctly except for the chording.
So now hold button 5 and press the tilt - do they still highlight in orange?
According to above, no.
If not, then that would suggest that the tilt wheel is not sending the message through when you are holding button 5 down - which will stop the chord from detecting it.
So that's the issue.
Do you have any other software for your mouse installed that may be doing that - maybe that is the problem -
No. Without AHK, that behaves the same way. I don't think Logitec options would do so.

If you would wanna say, "it's your issue, not me," let me know quickly.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

If the message is not getting through when another button is held, its your issue and there is nothing I can do in XMBC. But my Logitech mouse (older G9) does *not* behave like that - it works fine - which does lead me down the "something else must be blocking it route" rather than the mouse hardware itself.

At the same time, I can't (yet) completely rule out a bug in XMBC - although the fact that there is no indication in the log (at all) does give me the impression that its not XMBC - because the log is very simple and should log *every* mouse button message no matter what when debugging is enabled.

I have other Logitech mice (cheap one through to top of the range) so I will try and test it with them all - so far I only checked on my desktop with the relatively old G9....
--[ Phil ]--
greatxmouse

Post by greatxmouse »

I figured out that tilting is not getting through XMBC at all; what I felt it is working is not caused by XMBC but Logitec options. Tiling, whether it is left or right, Logictec options are on or off, doesn't get through so it is not the chording issue.

Let me know you can solve it, or I will delete soon.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

It is not an XMBC problem, therefore I cant solve it, only you can.
It will be settings in Logitech options or the driver - I don't have this problem with any of my Logitech devices, but then I don't install Logitech options and I make sure the mouse is configured itself to send the default messages. Unfortunately, thats the best I can offer, as I don't use options (it is not installed), I can't very easily advise you how to change it!

As for the threat of deleting (if thats what you meant), if uninstalling XMBC is your chosen path, so be it, I neither gain or loose anything.

Thanks
Phil
--[ Phil ]--