Help to jump in

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
greatxmouse

Help to jump in

Post by greatxmouse »

XMBC Version: 2.19.2
Windows Version: 8.1
Mouse Information (brand/model): M720 Triathlon
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): Macbook pro-bootcamp
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): no
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): no
How long have you used XMBC?: 10 minitues
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: Eng and Kor

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:

Hi Thanks for this great software. I am so excited to configure a mouse like in AHK!

Please help me to jump in, even though it must be a bugging, beginner's question.

I installed the heavy Logitec Options program and installed XMBC. I simply adjusted some in the scroll but it didn't work and only Options worked. Two questions in my mind are:
1) Is XMBC working without Options program?
2) If they work both, which has a higher proioty?
greatxmouse

Re: Help to jump in

Post by greatxmouse »

Sorry for husling. It works well, and XMBC intercepts and sends the command.

Hope that this helps to some beginners :lol:
phil
Site Admin

Re: Help to jump in

Post by phil »

Glad you figured i out.

In case anyone else needs to know, XMBC should work with the Logitech options software. The Logitech options software will almost certainly take priority as the chances are (and I don't know this for sure) that it operates at (or closer to) the driver level whereas XMBC works on Windows mouse hooks.

In order for XMBC to recognise the buttons, they have to be sending the "default" windows messages so XMBC can see them - so if you change the button assignments in Logitech Options, XMBC simply wont see them. NOTE: By default the Logitech Options settings *may* do this - especially for button 4, 5 and the tilt wheel - so if you have Options installed, you may need to change the assignments before XMBC will see the buttons.

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)