Commands not properly intercepted when config box closed??

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
BeauJayce
New User

Commands not properly intercepted when config box closed??

Post by BeauJayce »

XMBC Version: 2.18.8
Windows Version: Win 10 v1803
Mouse Information (brand/model): Logitech M705
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): Surface Book 2, i7 8650U
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): No
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): No
How long have you used XMBC?: A few weeks
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: English

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:

New poster here - thanks for making XMouse Button Control!

It very nearly almost does what I'm after! I'm trying to disable scrolling while the pointer is on the taskbar (which switches between desktops), and use it to change system volume instead.

I've used the built-in window finder to identify the task host class as "MSTaskListWClass". When the XMBC config dialogue box is open, it successfully intercepts the command and redirects it to change the system volume according to my settings.

However, when I close the config box, the scroll message is still passed through to explorer.exe. If I scroll while my pointer is on the taskbar, I get both a volume change according to my XMBC settings, AND it also switches desktops.

So it seems that XMBC is correctly intercepting the command, but then still passing it through as well, which I'd like to prevent. Being one of these nice smooth-scrolling Logitech mice, the slightest touch causes it to scroll a little bit, which isn't noticeable when you're moving around a document but is a problem if each 'line' that is scrolled represents a switch to a different desktop.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Commands not properly intercepted when config box closed??

Post by phil »

Hi, this clearly shouldnt be the case. I wonder if the smooth scrolling is the cause of the problem - maybe the speed at which the messages come in is causing XMBC some trouble and some are getting skipped (not blocked). I would be interested in some debug log here....

If you turn on debug logging in the settings tabs, then OK/Apply that (and close the config window)....
Reproduce the problem, then send me a copy of the debug log (via PM or email phil [at] highrez dot co dot uk).

Maybe there will be some sort of explanation in there that may help.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)