Too many simulated keys?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
BurrowBird
New User

Too many simulated keys?

Post by BurrowBird »

XMBC: 2.19.2
Windows: Win10 Pro v1909, x64,
Mouse: Hama MW-900 (7-button)
CPU, RAM: i5-8300H, 8GB
How long have you used XMBC?: several years
Language/Layout: Czech/Czech Keyboard, qwertz

Description: On my mouse button 5 (default profile, layer 1), I tried putting these simulated keys (it's a very specific task lol):

{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{SPACE}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{RETURN}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{SPACE}

What I've noticed is sometimes it works but sometimes the amount of Tabs sent is less and/or some of the keys are not registered. I suspect that there are too many keys here.

Is there a way to optimize this to ensure it works every time? Maybe a way to add some delays/waits or some such?

EDIT: I put some WaitMs in there and it seems to have helped. I'll observe and see. I'd still ike to know if there's a better way though. What I have now is:

{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{WAITMS:100}{SPACE}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{RETURN}{WAITMS:100}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{WAITMS:100}{SPACE}

EDIT EDIT: Yeah, that works consistently.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Too many simulated keys?

Post by phil »

Seems you have figured it out - maybe they are being sent too quickly. You can adjust the delay in-between each key (globally) too which may have the same impact and reduce the length of the simkey sequence - in advanced settings, "Delay between simulated keystrokes" could be increased a little and that should have the same effect.

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)