mouse buttons 4-5 spam just freeze all interactive things on my screens

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
lpjprod
New User

mouse buttons 4-5 spam just freeze all interactive things on my screens

Post by lpjprod »

XMBC Version: 2.19.1
Windows Version: 10.0.18362 build18362
Mouse Information (brand/model): Razer Lancehead Tournament
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): cpu: i7-7700 motherboard: msi z270 sli-plus graphics card: evga geforce rtx 2080 xc monitors: 1rst : Alienware AW2518H ; 2nd: Asus VE248.
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): no, happened on all versions
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): no, happened on all versions
How long have you used XMBC?: a couple of months I don't know exactly
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: default app and input language is English(Canada)

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).: I use mouse button 4 for push-to-talk on teamspeak 3 and discord so I use XMOUSE to disable the default profile and enable it only on discord and teamspeak 3. It also happens on every versions of those apps.

So the problem persists when I push the mouse button 4 for a long time or with repetition WITHOUT pressing anything else before it freeze like the button was constantly giving tasks to the pc until it freeze all interactive buttons I can press like open apps or windows or even submit on my thread right now. It also happens a lot when I alt out of fullscreen games whatever the version but surprisingly never happens during the game.

I somehow can't reproduce it by myself so my headset is a Plantronics RIG 800HD. Must be because I do something that interact with this button with another key or something.

The only way i found to fix that is to press cntrl+alt delete then try to click cancel to unfreeze it then cancel back to my windows screen.

I also have a friend that has the exact same problem with mouse button 5.

Thank you for your help.
lpjprod
New User

Re: mouse buttons 4-5 spam just freeze all interactive things on my screens

Post by lpjprod »

I just happened to reproduce it somehow and I can scroll everything on each screen and the only things I can click are links in the teamspeak chat right now the rest is just dead.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hi,

Please can you turn on debug logging (Settings -> Logging and Updates tab) and try to reproduce it again.
Then once it happens, sent me a copy of the log file via PM here or email. That will help me narrow down the problem.

Also, if you have only been using XMBC for a couple of months, the chances are you have only been using 2.19 / 2.19.1. It might be worth trying 2.18.x just to see if the problem has been introduced in 2.19 - I can send links if need be, but lets get the log first!

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
lpjprod
New User

Post by lpjprod »

I finally manage to reproduce the problem and I don't know how. I'm pretty sure i went through several patches too like 4 or 5.

Where and how can I send you the file? Copy and paste seems unreasonable because there are way too many lines.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hit the PM button and you should be able to attach the file, or just email it to me phil @ higherz dot co dot uk

EDIT: Sorry, PM button is not as obvious as I thought.... Private Messages link at the top of the page then New PM or click on my profile and there should be a send private message link - or just go with email :)
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)