How to change the bypass key.

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
AnyUser
New User

How to change the bypass key.

Post by AnyUser »

Hello!

Since I started using xMouseButton, I have suffered from a problem related to the standard bypass key (scroll lock).

My current keyboard, works with led lighting, being impossible to use it at night without activating the lighting. However, the standard key to activate it is precisely the standard key that enables / disables the xMouse bypass (scroll lock).

I looked for all the options for configuration of the program, some way to change it, however I got no results.

Is there any way to change it? Is it possible to define some other key to enable / disable the software bypass? (editing some file or something.)

Note: I know how to disable the "bypass" function but I want to continue with this function active, I just want to change the toggle key to enable / disable.
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Re: How to change the bypass key.

Post by Kukurykus »

I defined my own key that disables/enables XMBC, it's `. ScrollLock should be optionable to do that action.

I have solution for it. First installation of XMBC (so without determined profile) would be loaded with Scroll Lock to enable / diasable XMBC indeed, but not the way like it's now. The best would be if it could be set in 'Other Hotkeys' of 'Settings' for first item so 'Enable/Disable XMBC' (where now it's not). This way user could either keep it or change to nothing or else any other key an user consider it's good for him/her.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

You can use global hotkeys to define any key to toggle the enabled state - and then simply turn off the scroll lock option.
I chose scroll lock because its one of 3 keys that actually maintain a state - the other being capslock and numlock. So they would be the only other applicable keys and they are used much more frequently than scrolllock. No other key maintains its own state (on/off toggle), but any key combination can be used to toggle XMBC state with global hotkeys - personally I use CTRL+E to do that (and CTRL+D to toggle debug mode)
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Ah that's right, problem solved. We can untick ScrollLock in General Settings ;)
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
AnyUser
New User

Post by AnyUser »

phil wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:56 pm You can use global hotkeys to define any key to toggle the enabled state - and then simply turn off the scroll lock option.
I chose scroll lock because its one of 3 keys that actually maintain a state - the other being capslock and numlock. So they would be the only other applicable keys and they are used much more frequently than scrolllock. No other key maintains its own state (on/off toggle), but any key combination can be used to toggle XMBC state with global hotkeys - personally I use CTRL+E to do that (and CTRL+D to toggle debug mode)
Hello! Thanks for answering.

However, I have two doubts regarding what you explained.

The first is: In the Global shortcut keys can I define (Num Lock) for example to be the bypass, without necessarily being combined keys such as (CTRL + AnyKey)?

The second is: even with the scroll lock deactivated as a bypass switch on / off, when defining another key in the global shortcut settings, when pressing the key defined to disable XMBC, there will be a confirmation in red in the program window saying that the program is disabled?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

No, its a different / /alternative way of doing it. As I said, scrolllock was chosen because its general lack of use elsewhere. Using any other lock key would be generally conflict with other things - most people (I know) actually make regular use of caps lock and numlock - so using those to disable XMBC does not seem appropriate.

And no, it doesn't currently show the red warning in the setup screen. The XMBC Icon however still goes to the disabled state with the red X i the icon.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)