Newbie Need HELP , Left Click

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Mouse
New User

Newbie Need HELP , Left Click

Post by Mouse »

v2.19.1 / Windows 10 Pro

Hi, Newbie here please HELP !
1) I cannot move any 'Desktop Icons' ( AS i have set 'Left Click' to go 'Back' ? )
2) I cannot highlite , say text in Chrome search Bar, as again it thinks i want to go 'Back' when i click to Highlite ?
( I want 'Left' mouse button to go 'Back' .. but i also want Left Button to enable me to HIghlite and copy text ??? )
3 ) I cannot work out how to 'Drag' a scroll bar ? ( Only Mouse wheel works for this ? )
4 ) How do move an 'Explorer' window ?? as again, it thinks left click is something else ?
( Ive set 'Double-Click to Drag' but just keeps resizing by doing this action ? )
Thanks in advance :cry:
phil
Site Admin

Re: Newbie Need HELP , Left Click

Post by phil »

If you change the behaviour of the left button, then the left button wont do what it did before- I'm not sure what you expect, but if the left button no longer clicks as normal, of course anything in Windows that relies on that click wont work.

As I have said by email, changing the left and right button is not sensible and can be dangerous - you can loose the ability to control Windows with the mouse. I don't know why you want the left button to go back (makes no sense to me) but you could change it for a very specific area of the screen/window only maybe or for a particular program, but if you do that, don't expect the mouse to work as normal with left click!

You may perhaps choose to use "Button Held" instead, so a normal click behaves normally but if you hold the button down for a defined period, it goes back. That would work better (but still I'd advise changing the left button can be dangerous!).
xmbc-held.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Mouse
New User

Post by Mouse »

Hi, Thanks for the Replie(s)
I NEED the 'Back' as left click, as its so much easier than moving cursur to the back button on top left of screen for example, its so quick, just clicking 'Left Mouse' and Presto ! its gone back ! .. Ill investigate your help, many thanks ! :shock:
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

5 button mice have back and forward on the 4th and 5th buttons by default, so I presume you don't have a 5 button mouse.
I'm afraid that you need some software that actually knows what you are thinking as you press the button so it knows what to do each time - XMBC can't do that!!! :)

The closest you could get would be to setup a profile for the browser window and change the left button on that - BUT it still wont work if you wanted to click on a button on the web page (e.g. pause a video or hit a submit button!) so I still don't think that will be practical.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)