Apple Magic Mouse 2

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
alig301
New User

Apple Magic Mouse 2

Post by alig301 »

XMouseButtonControlSetup.2.19.1:
Win 10 Bootcamp:
Apple Magic Mouse 2:
MacBook Pro circa 2019:
No:
No:
Not used it yet:
UK:

MagicMouse2 not scrolling in Win 10 Bootcamp. It moves left and right and left and right click work but no scrolling. I was wondering if this can be configured with XBMC. Any help would be grateful. Best Regards
Al
:
phil
Site Admin

Re: Apple Magic Mouse 2

Post by phil »

If the mouse does not scroll normally (without XMBC) then I doubt XMBC will be able to help... XMBC can remap mouse messages sent through the windows mouse message queue, but if the mouse/driver is not sending those messages in the first place, then it wont receive anything either.

If you install XMBC, it will highlight the configuration fields (dropdown) boxes on the setup screen in orange as it receives the messages - so you can see at least if anything is being detected from the device. Have you tried plugging in another USB mouse to see if it has the same problem? What mouse driver is windows using - is it the Generic HID input device or something special for the mouse/bootcamp I wonder (I've never used bootcamp). And is this mouse the funky one with the "touch" scroll? Maybe that needs a specific driver (that may or may not exist fro Windows??).
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
DirkSteinkamp
New User

Re: Apple Magic Mouse 2

Post by DirkSteinkamp »

I just installed an Apple Magic Mouse (original one) on a Windows 10 machine (not Apple). By default the Microsoft drivers get installed and they don't support the touch-scroll-fun.
I managed to fish out the Apple-drivers from the bootcamp package and installed those. After that the scrolling works fine -- the driver generates wheel up/down and tilt left/rigth messages for the touch gestures.