Apply button remains disabled

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
4ster

Apply button remains disabled

Post by 4ster »

XMBC Version: 2.19.1
Windows Version: 10.0.18363.752
Mouse Information (brand/model): Microsoft USB Dual Receiver Wireless Mouse
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): Intel i7
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): No
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): No
How long have you used XMBC?: A lot :)
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: EN

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:

There's the Apply button, which is disabled by default. If you check the items in the Application / Window Profiles list on the left with the mouse, the Apply button stops being disabled. But if you check the items with the keyboard (arrows + space key), the Apply button remains disabled. Mildly annoying, and should be easy to fix. Thanks for the program :)
phil
Site Admin

Re: Apply button remains disabled

Post by phil »

Thanks for letting me know - I cant believe no one else has noticed in the last 10 years or so (probably a much more recent bug!)
I'll add it to the list!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
4ster

Post by 4ster »

You made me curious as of when the first version was released, but it's not there in the changelog, https://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/xmbc_changelog.htm.

According to Softpedia, X-Mouse Button Control 1.30 was released in March 14, 2007:
https://www.softpedia.com/progChangelog ... 69266.html

Perhaps you remember when 1.0 was at least the year, I think it's worth adding it to the changelog for history :)

Edit: Ah, it's right there on the main page :) a bit out of date, by the way.
X-Mouse Button Control
Copyright (c) 2005-2018 Phillip Gibbons
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Not sure I can remember that far back :) the earliest check-in/commit in the old source control database was 26th Feb 2005- but that was v1.5.0.0.... So sometime before then! That makes sense as it came out along with Windows XP x64 - when MS made x64 windows for the first time - and their own intellipoint software didn't work - I missed copy & paste on my mouse buttons so I made XMBC - it was quite basic/simplistic back then!
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

I found also it works as should, so unlocking 'Apply' button when changing application by clicking Up / Down buttons, so selecting Apps items without activating them, but when selecting them, still without activating by LMB click, the 'Apply' button is still disabled.

Additionally I found 'Default' profile that you can't untick by LMB click, can be unticked by Spacebar when currently it's selected, however it's going to be reticked after reopening XMBC. Still a bug if that's possible to untick something that permanenty should be ticked.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I cant make it activate by simply selecting different items with the mouse... but LOL at the space to un-tick default.
I guess, thinking about it logically, the reason it hasn't been noticed is probably because XMBC is a mouse configuration tool - and most people are using the mouse as they set it up...
--[ Phil ]--