can i know how fix these errors?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
gaia
Dedicated

can i know how fix these errors?

Post by gaia »

XMBC Version: 2.19.1
Windows Version: w10
Mouse Information (brand/model): logitech
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc):
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: italian

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:
hi
reading the log i have these errors might I plesae know if i can fix them?

Code: Select all

Warning: Low Level Hook Timeout is low. If you have problems try increasing this value.
i read about it
but

Code: Select all

Warning: SendSPI(13, 0) called but the thread is not running!
i have never read or found any info about it , can i fix it?
Site Admin

Re: can i know how fix these errors?

Post by phil »

They are not errors - they are warnings (as it clearly says!).

In fact the second one is actually not even a problem at all (ever). The warning is incorrect! Its reporting something incorrectly (I've already changed the logging to remove it but not in any version available yet).

The log file is intended to be a tool for me to use when diagnosing issues that users report. In general it has some useful but fairly mundane information. When debugging is on, there is a lot more information. But if you don't have issues, there really isn't much point worrying about what it says - its certainly not worth trawling through it to see if you have problems you don't know about (and more importantly when you don't actually see any problems). If you are seeing problems, chances are the log wont help much/enough in my experience... And then the logging gets better when issues are reported and there isn't any/enough relevant logging in that area - something I'm painfully finding right now with problems in 2.19 :(. The difficulty I have is not flooding the log with useless/irrelevant information once the issue has finally been found/fixed - I must remember to remove (or at least make them only come out when debug is enabled) log entries that are no longer useful!

There is a lot more to worry about in this world at the moment than a few warnings in a log file (especially incorrect ones :)).
Stay safe,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
gaia
Dedicated

Re: can i know how fix these errors?

Post by gaia »

phil wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:28 pm
There is a lot more to worry about in this world at the moment than a few warnings in a log file (especially incorrect ones :)).
hi Phil
you are right
thanks
Stay safe,
Phil
You Too!