THREE REQUESTS

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Kukurykus
Fanatic

THREE REQUESTS

Post by Kukurykus »

FIRST PART:

May you next to {} button make M button, when clicked it waits for one of 9 avialable mouse inputs?*

*or checkbox, when clicked it's going to be filled. Then clicking / rolling / tilting anywhere on screen won't do anything (so like by 'block original mouse input'). It's going only to listen to mouse input to enter into text area (for ex. {LMB}), and when done untick itself the checkbox to let for normal interaction.

SECOND PART:

In Simulated Keystrokes often I meet such situation that I want to use {} with pressed button, not in spot of cursor, but instead of highlighted (selected) part of code.

For now when I have selected {SHIFT} in {CTRL}{SHIFT}q and I click {} with {ALT}

I'm getting {CTRL}{ALT}{SHIFT}q but I'd like to get: {CTRL}{ALT}q

1) so when there's cursor only, it would insert {tag} into that place, but when selected part was recognised then it would be replaced by used {tag}

2) aditionally that would be useful if Ctrl z (undo) worked for entered this way tags (that work now only for manually entered letters from keyboard)
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
phil
Site Admin

Re: THREE REQUESTS

Post by phil »

Thankyou :)
I have added two new entries to the bug/feature list to make it easier to track.

#681 and #682

And in response...
1. Possible but I'm not 100% convinced the effort will be worth it. - Will see!
2. I didn't realize the cursor could be in a different position to the highlighted text - so I will certainly take a look and see how it can be modified, especially if there is selected text in there.... I'm not sure CTRL+Z will be possible will investigate!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
dispalo
New User

Post by dispalo »

There is something I noticed recently. I tried out some new mouses and used the /settings/modifier keys.

I used the original mouse software to tell a certain button to send keys. An unused shortcut, lets say ctrl-shift-I. Then I told xmbc to activate a layer when this shortcut is used. So I'd press my mousebutton and a layer is activated, just as if xmbc recognized it as button 3, 4 or 5.

Problem is: The layer is only activated while the shortcut is pressed. But the original software program just sends the keys, but it's not holding them down.

The effect was, that I pressed a button on my mouse and it sended a hundred times this shortcut. That was okay for quite many functions. But not for all of them. Some functions need the layer to be activated more consistently. For example simply simulating the key "enter".

If there was a button in the modifier-keys-setting that would allow me to keep the layer activated for ... like a second. That would be enough to solve that problem. But please, tell me if I am wrong and xmbc solves this a different way. I know it's actually a problem of the original mouse software, but still it would be great if xmbc could compensate that.

/edit: There was a second wish, but I deleted it after reading the FAQ
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Possibly that other wish had something to do with my requests ;)
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
dispalo
New User

Post by dispalo »

Oh yeah, sorry. My posting has nothing to do with your thread. That is rude.

This forum needs a kind of "sugestion box" :)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

dispalo wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:14 am Oh yeah, sorry. My posting has nothing to do with your thread. That is rude.

This forum needs a kind of "sugestion box" :)
Just create your own new topic in the future :)
By the way, you should be able to do what you want using global hotkeys instead of layer modifier keys. With global hotkeys the layer will "stick" but you can set the layer to return after x seconds on each layer's configuration tab. So you can set the layer with a global hokey an it will return to the previous/default layer after a time expires.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
dispalo
New User

Post by dispalo »

Oh, that solved it indeed. Thank you :)

And sorry again, Kukurykus.