Button Chording Timeout 'Feature'

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
drawbars
New User

Button Chording Timeout 'Feature'

Post by drawbars »

XMBC Version: 2.19
Windows Version: 10 Pro
Mouse Information (brand/model): J-Tech 628P
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): i5, 24GB
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): no
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): no
How long have you used XMBC?: < 10 days
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: US English 104 Std

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).: I think I may have found a minor bug in the Button Chording Timeout.

I wanted to increase the timeout from 750ms to 1s. I clicked on the Up arriow in the widget and scrolled to "1,000" ms. When I saved the value, things didn't seem to work, so I checked the settings again. It seems that XBMC stored the setting as 1ms. Perhaps the comma messed things up? 999ms works fine.

If one inputs "1000" ms directly into the box and hits Enter, 1000ms is saved and everything works OK. So, it appears that the problem is with the scrolling method -- i.e., it adds a comma to the value -- not the value itself. Thoughts?

Regards,
-BW
drawbars
New User

Re: Button Chording Timeout 'Feature'

Post by drawbars »

A clarification: I'm talking about the "Unblock after" feature, and its time widget.

Regards,
-BW
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Confirmed bug - nice find :)
I'll add it to the list to fix - not sure why its putting a comma in there but the will be messing up the setting in the XML!
I suspect it will affect other scroll boxes too so will have to check all of them out!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
drawbars
New User

Post by drawbars »

Happy to help!

I used to manage a high-level test team for a major PC manufacturer (who shall remain nameless). I was notorious for finding little bugs that no one else saw. A side benefit: I always got a brand new PC every time there was a release coming up! :lol:

Regards,
-BW
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Wow, what a coincidence. I found this bug in about same minute as you :shock:

I changed my delayes of HELD button for another 'Held for actions' from 0 to 0, 250ms to 333ms, 500ms to 666ms and 750ms to 999ms that initially I increased of 1ms to 1000ms. After warning I rolled it back to 999.

I did not realise it's bug. I thought that was my mistake. Then on forum I found we met it at same time :/
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
drawbars
New User

Post by drawbars »

You can manually change the value to >999. Just don't scroll up to 1000. Or, go in and delete the comma, I imagine.

Regards,
-BW