Conditional actions

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
RaexD
New User

Conditional actions

Post by RaexD »

XMBC Version: 2.19
Windows Version: WIndows 10 x64 1909
Mouse Information (brand/model): Logitech M590
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: US

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).: I thought that the default profile was meant to act as the prioritized one. While I am using mouse button 5 in my browser to search for selected items, and using the mouse button 5 as Alt and scroll wheel up/down as tab/shift-tab to scroll my way through the alt-tab menu, when it's in vivaldi it doesn't perform that action. I know that mouse button is already set as an action in the browser profile, but is there any way to put conditional actions?

I.E right now, I have set the mouse button 5 to Simulated Keys and the modifiers are Ctrl+S (shortcut for searching the selected phrases while being in the browser) and it's on button release.
Is it possible to specify a time limit, during which if the button isn't released for it doesn't perform that action. And since it's not released yet, the default profile was already active. If the button is released, the priority goes over to browser profile.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Conditional actions

Post by phil »

The default profile is designed to be active IF (and only IF) another profile is not defined for the current app/window.
If you have a profile defined, that will always take precedence and will never fall back to default, unless your defined action is "Same as default profile".

I'm not entirely clear on what you are trying to achieve, but in your Vivaldi profile, you may be able to use "Button Held" to do what you want - although it wont fall back to default, you will have to redefine the default action....

So if you want the action to only run if you press and release the button (quickly) rather than hold it down, then in button held, set the default action to what you want to happen if pressed for a short (quick) time (eg. sim keys {CTRL}s), and set the first held action for whatever you want to do in that case (eg. Sim keys {ALT}{MWUP}) and turn off the other held actions.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)