Doesnt work emulated key on mouse wheel when keyboard swiched to russian.

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
cccp84
New User

Post by cccp84 »

2.18.8:
Windows 7:
Genius:

Xmouse have to send english letter when keyboard swiched to english or send russian letter (on the same key) when keyboard swiched to russian. But it doesnt work at all when selected other language. Can you solve this pls
other programm "keyremapper" works correctly. So its possible.
sorry for my english.
:
phil
Site Admin

Re: Doesnt work emulated key on mouse wheel when keyboard swiched to russian.

Post by phil »

XMBC uses the standard Windows API SendInput to send the keys. It sends scan codes, but it has to convert the string (that you input0 into those scan codes, and if they don't convert using the current selected language, it wont be able to send the scan codes (and thus the keys will not be pressed). Im not sure what else I can do using SendInput. I have spent many hours on this in the past (semi-successfully - it was worse than it is now) and I just dont have the time to get that involved these days. It's really not that simple and I'm afraid just telling me that its possible isn't really much help. I have no idea what keyremapper does and what APIs it uses to do it - and its not OSS so I cant just go look.

I will add this to my bug list but I make absolutely no promises - this sort of thing is incredibly difficult for me to debug (esp. as I only have English keyboards and switching languages in Windows makes it near impossible for me to figure out whats going on and is not much use with only an English keyboard. More to the point, I don't have much time to spend on XMBC these days and there is already a massive backlist of issues to investigate so that's another reason you should not be under any illusion that this will be a quick fix. These things tend to get done in order (especially the complex ones) and theres about 5 years other issues ahead of this in the queue I'm afraid.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
cccp84
New User

Re: Doesnt work emulated key on mouse wheel when keyboard swiched to russian.

Post by cccp84 »

i forgot to say. This problem is in windows 7. In windows XP XMBC works good.