Lock screen bug

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
JamieK
New User

Lock screen bug

Post by JamieK »

XMBC Version: 2.18.8
Windows Version: Windows 10
Mouse Information (brand/model): Roccat Kiro
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): 3.60GHz CPU/16Gb RAM
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?):
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?):
How long have you used XMBC?:
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: UK

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).: When I lock my PC, XMouse Button stops working correctly after I unlock.

I've used XMouse for a few years now to correct the scrolling direction of Cubase. As I never lock my PC at home I have never had this issue before, but I started a new job and I use Cubase in the office. We're told to lock our screen everytime we walk away from the PC. Everytime I do, XMouse stops working when I log back in.

It doesn't crash or anything, it just stops working. I have to close and re-open it - then it works fine again. I've got it set up so when I hold the shift key in Cubase, it changes the direction of the mouse scroll.

Apologies if this is a known issue, but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks
phil
Site Admin

Re: Lock screen bug

Post by phil »

I suspect the mouse hook is being removed. Instead of closing/opening XMBC, can you try this (it will help confirm this is the case).
Disable and then re-enable XMBC *you can do this via the context menu on the XMBC icon and you can also setup global hotkeys to do this in XMBC.

Windows mouse hooks (which is what XMBC relies upon) are great, but they can be removed without warning (or notification) by Windows or by other programs. Therefore, XMBC has no way of knowing if this happens. There are options (I could re-install the hook when I don't detect any movement/buttons) and I can, and DO reinstall the hook when resuming from sleep etc. I'm not sure about logon/unlock - but I have a feeling that XMBC does reinstall the hook at that point, but it may be something I have added recently in 2.19 (beta). If that is the case, then all is good, the next release (due soon) will fix it. If not I'll have a look and see if I can do that.

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)