bug or my issue,xmouse change my windows mouse settings

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
gaia
Dedicated

bug or my issue,xmouse change my windows mouse settings

Post by gaia »

XMBC Version: 2.18.8
Windows Version: winodows 10 & 7
Mouse Information (brand/model): Logitech 6 bttons
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc):
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): i'm not sure
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): no
How long have you used XMBC?: 2 years
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: italian

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:
hi
xmouse under w10 and w7 does always change the following lines at a time
my settings are 13
in the screeshot it's on 3
i have created 2 profiles for chrome and firefox

but when i close xmouse and restart windows or disconnect and re-login ,very often my windows mouse are changed

maybe because i use the same portable version (program) under windows 10 and 7

thanks
Site Admin

Re: bug or my issue,xmouse change my windows mouse settings

Post by phil »

Hi, XMBC does change this Windows setting - that is the point - but it should also change it back again when the profile is not active and/or XMBC is closed. I believe there have been a few fixes in this area already for 2.19 with is imminent but if you would like to try the beta (find it on the beta thread here in the forums) it might be good to see if it has been fixed or not (prior to release!).
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
gaia
Dedicated

Post by gaia »

phil wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:29 am Hi, XMBC does change this Windows setting - that is the point - but it should also change it back again when the profile is not active and/or XMBC is closed. I believe there have been a few fixes in this area already for 2.19 with is imminent but if you would like to try the beta (find it on the beta thread here in the forums) it might be good to see if it has been fixed or not (prior to release!).
Hi Phil
i guess the older versions did not give such issues
well i will try the beta version , the 2.19 will be released soon,will it ?
thanks Phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Yes it will be released soon - I have been waiting a few weeks for feedback on one issue that someone has reported in 2.18.x which no one can reproduce - so I probably wont wait much longer as other than that its pretty much good to go - so if you still have this issue in there it would be good to know so I can check it first (I do remember looking at it, but I cant remember exactly when)! :).
--[ Phil ]--
gaia
Dedicated

Post by gaia »

phil wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:01 pm Yes it will be released soon - I have been waiting a few weeks for feedback on one issue that someone has reported in 2.18.x which no one can reproduce - so I probably wont wait much longer as other than that its pretty much good to go - so if you still have this issue in there it would be good to know so I can check it first (I do remember looking at it, but I cant remember exactly when)! :).
hi Phil
there is no portable beta version ,isn't it?
can i download the setup and make a portable for my usb stick?
thanks
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Oh sorry, you are right - I don't generally build a portable package for the beta. However, the content is actually the same, if you download the installer and install it (temporarily) you can then copy the .EXE and two .DLL files from the installation folder over the portable files on your USB stick and hey presto it will work exactly as the portable build.

Or if that's not possible, I can zip them up for you but it may take me a day or so (I'm not in tonight and a bit busy at work this week!)
--[ Phil ]--
gaia
Dedicated

Post by gaia »

phil wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:34 pm Oh sorry, you are right - I don't generally build a portable package for the beta. However, the content is actually the same, if you download the installer and install it (temporarily) you can then copy the .EXE and two .DLL files from the installation folder over the portable files on your USB stick and hey presto it will work exactly as the portable build.

Or if that's not possible, I can zip them up for you but it may take me a day or so (I'm not in tonight and a bit busy at work this week!)
hi
i have just updated to 2.19 same issue for portable version on several computers with w10 pro 64bit and w7 pro 64bit
x-mouse does change the windows mouse scrolling
i have created a profile for chrome and firefox , and in these profile I changed to scroll line 3 , i have touched the default profile
reboot and x-mouse changed the windows mouse setting to 3 ,before was 13
i really love x-mouse , in the old version i have never had such issues , it doesn't restore the windows settings back when i close x-mouse
may i download some older version?
thanks

xmouse doesn't restore my windows settings

Post by gaia »

phil wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:34 pm Oh sorry, you are right - I don't generally build a portable package for the beta. However, the content is actually the same, if you download the installer and install it (temporarily) you can then copy the .EXE and two .DLL files from the installation folder over the portable files on your USB stick and hey presto it will work exactly as the portable build.

Phil

should i upload log and configuration ?
i have found these in the log

Code: Select all

Warning: Low Level Hook Timeout is low. If you have problems try increasing this value.
Exit requested by the user.
Removing any active XMBCHook Timers...
Timer thread exited with error code 0.
CSendInput: Exiting SendInput thread.
HookThread: Finished cleaning up.
Hook thread exited with error code 0.
X-Mouse Button Control Shutdown.
and my configuration ?
Last edited by gaia on Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Site Admin

Post by phil »

The normal log is pretty useless - to get anything useful, turn on debug logging in the logging and updates tab... Then exit XMBC and reproduce. NOTE: This setting will turn off when you re-load XMBC - as in the debug setting does not persist across restarts - you can launch XMBC with the /Debug command line argument if you want to start with debug enabled (but that shouldn't be required here).

Im not going to get a chance to look at this immediately - busy at work and have some sort of mild cold/flu coming on so I'll be not sat at my PC at home much this week I expect!.
--[ Phil ]--
gaia
Dedicated

Post by gaia »

phil wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:41 pm The normal log is pretty useless - to get anything useful, turn on debug logging in the logging and updates tab... Then exit XMBC and reproduce. NOTE: This setting will turn off when you re-load XMBC - as in the debug setting does not persist across restarts - you can launch XMBC with the /Debug command line argument if you want to start with debug enabled (but that shouldn't be required here).

Im not going to get a chance to look at this immediately - busy at work and have some sort of mild cold/flu coming on so I'll be not sat at my PC at home much this week I expect!.
Hi Phil
by the way I found out windows doesn't save vertical scrolling line in
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse]
but here

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
"WheelScrollChars"="3"
"WheelScrollLines"="13"
Good luck for you flu