X-Mouse not working with Bluestacks

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
iieeann
New User

X-Mouse not working with Bluestacks

Post by iieeann »

XMBC Version: 2.18.8
Windows Version: 10.1909
Mouse Information (brand/model): Microsoft Comfort Mouse 6000 & Logitech M590
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): Xeon E3-1535M v6, 16GB ECC
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): N/A
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): N/A
How long have you used XMBC?: 2 hours
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: English

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:

Just installed X-mouse to replace the problematic Logitech Options. I uninstalled both MS keyboard & Mouse center and Logitech Options, restart PC.

I start with X-mouse button 4&5 mapping with Up and Down button (default profile), working fine with words pdf browser etc, but no response in Bluestacks. Please assist, TQ.
phil
Site Admin

Re: X-Mouse not working with Bluestacks

Post by phil »

I'm afraid bluestacks, like many games (and virtual machine software) probably captures input at a lower level than XMBC works - probably using direct input of the likes. In this case XMBC can not block the input and it some cases, the Microsoft SendInput API does not inject keys as that's at a too high level. You haven't stated exactly how it does not work (do the buttons get blocked or is it just that the up/down keys are not sent?). If my suspicions are correct then there is little I can do - maybe it would be worth asking the developers of Bluestacks - I have used it i the past but not recently and I cant imagine I tried it in combination with XMBC.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

There are a couple of things to try...
Try increasing the "Delay between simulated keystrokes" in advanced settings and see if that makes any difference.

If not, it might be worth send key messages to the bluestacks window instead of the default SendInput that XMBC uses.
You can test this in Simulated Keystrokes...

Use {SENDWM:256,38,1}{SENDWM:257,38,?3221225473?} - Thats a bit of a stab in the dark, I will have a play around here at some point and see if I can get it working but this is worth a try in the mean time after a very quick google it may work.

Try launching XMBC as administrator (exit it then re-run it as admin) and see if that makes any difference.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
iieeann
New User

Post by iieeann »

Sorry for late feedback, after that post i have been using advanced mouse manager which worked almost perfectly until the trial period ran out :lol:

I am using Bluestacks to play the game Rise of Kingdoms. There are only 2 keys for mapping function- zoom in and zoom out. I map them to up and down arrow in bluestacks. Pressing on keyboard is perfect, but XMBC has no response at all.

I tried to adjust the delay under advanced setting. Anything below 30ms the button remained to be non responsive. After putting the delay at 40ms, the button starts to show response, but not smooth, felt like signal dropping every now and then. Putting 50-60ms the response is better, but due to high delay, the zooming is jerky and basically not playable. Mapped to other keys under Bluestacks (F11 & F12) yet XMBC behaved the same.

I am using logitech and microsoft mouses at different places, both have their own mouse apps that work well with Bluestacks. However both apps are just taking unreasonably big hdd space, memory and clumsy to use. The apps will take like 4-5 seconds for the very start of activating the profile, and i have to configure the profile separately in both apps which is annoying. so i am trying to see if there is a better alternative.