Return Scroll Rate at Close of Program?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
KB3MOW
New User

Return Scroll Rate at Close of Program?

Post by KB3MOW »

Fairly new user here with v. 2.18 and a Logitech M570 trackball in Windows 10 v. 1903.

I've accomplished setting up a profile that will change the mouse wheel scroll rate when MS Edge is open. I keep the Windows scroll rate set at 8 lines per scroll but want 4 lines per scroll with Edge. This works fine as far as it goes, however it changes the Windows scroll rate to 4 and does not return it to my chosen default of 8.

Is it possible to "end" this portion of the profile when I close Edge and return scroll size to 8 lines?

This is not an issue caused by an upgrade or version change of either Windows or XMouse. I had tried XMouse several months ago but did not have the time then to work on it. Reinstalled it last night and was able to create several remaps easily, such as Middle Mouse Button sends F4, Mouse Button 4 sends CTRL-Left Click - very simple helpers, but exactly what I wanted! Just need a little nudge in finished the Scroll Rate issue!

Thanks!
Dave
phil
Site Admin

Re: Return Scroll Rate at Close of Program?

Post by phil »

It should be as simple as setting the lines to scroll on the default profile - it should switch back to that whenever the edge profile (or any other profile) is not active.

You might also have to tick the "force" box if its not activating the change - some programs only read this setting on startup and they will have problems until they are re-opened - force attempts to fix that but still required the programs to respond to the settings changed notification. If they don't there is little I can do!

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
KB3MOW
New User

Post by KB3MOW »

Thanks for the reply Phil! This is becoming a bit confusing. On my Win 10 control panel I set number of lines to scroll at 8. I have XMouse set the rate to 3 when Edge is active. The Win 10 default then changes to 4 after I close Edge! I tried checking the "force" button but had no effect. I have only one guess, and that's that I'm doing something wrong.

I have 4 "profiles" showing on the XMouse window. They do the following:

Mouse button 5 sends double-click
When Edge is active change scroll rate to 3 lines
Mouse button 4 sends CTRL-Left click
Middle mouse button sends F4 key

These are all apparently active when XMouse opens at Windows startup, but the "Edge" segment is the only one that is dependent on a specific program starting. The other 3 are fine running all the time.

I may very well have overlooked something basic or simple, and it's not the end of the world if I can't set the scrolling perfectly!

Thanks for your time!
Dave
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Can you send me your settings (use the "Save Profile" button on the main window to export the whole lot - then PM/Email me that file). That way I can see exactly how you have it setup and if I can reproduce the problem here and then suggest a solution or if there is a bug, fix it!

NOTE: You cant attach files to forum posts until you have made at least 5 posts - but I think you can attach to private messages.
--[ Phil ]--
KB3MOW
New User

Post by KB3MOW »

Phil, I think I may have figured it out. I removed the "Edge" portion of the profile and still kept having the scroll rate in Windows changing to 4 instead of 8. Looks relatively simple.

I hadn't actually "set" the scroll rate on the other modules, but they were apparently defaulted at 4. Every time any module ran, it reset the scroll rate to 4. Fix should be a simple matter to change those scroll rates to what I want.

Sorry I had to take up your time with such a noob problem, but sure do appreciate it! If I was 60 years younger I probably would have caught on much earlier!!

Dave
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Glad you figured it out :).
--[ Phil ]--