Deal-breaking missing feature.

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
stevebarnes
New User

Deal-breaking missing feature.

Post by stevebarnes »

XMBC Version: 2.18.8
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro
Mouse Information (brand/model): MSI DS200
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): i5-4670K 4.0GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, 2080Ti,
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): N/A
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): N/A
How long have you used XMBC?: 5+ years, possibly a lot more.
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: English, British

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:

Hi Phil and community,

Is there any way to stop XMBC from changing the speed of my mouse, I mean completely disable it as it is conflicting with MSI software I am using for acceleration, DPI and mouse speed over the 5 available profiles.

Whenever I start using an app which has an XMBC profile it adopts the mouse speed in the settings page even with speed override disabled.

I love XMBC and have used it for many years, if this is an easy feature to implement that would be fantastic. I would also feel inclined to make a donation as apart from that the project is superb and has been for years.

~Thanks
phil
Site Admin

Re: Deal-breaking missing feature.

Post by phil »

XMBC should not make any changes to mouse speed unless you tell it to in the global settings or on a per profile setting. If it does, its not a missing feature, its a bug. It might be useful to turn on debug logging and then move around those 5 profiles a bit, send me the log so I can see why XMBC is changing the speed when it is disabled in the profile.

NOTE: A donation will not help - if its a bug that is clear and obvious I will do my best to fix it donation or not!

Thanks
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
stevebarnes
New User

Post by stevebarnes »

Thank you for your reply, of course now it is working beautifully but I will leave it logging just in case I run into this again. Maybe restarting the app or rebooting the PC after adjusting those settings fixed it? Not sure but for now it is resolved. :D

~Steve
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK Bear in mind that the logging turns itself off when XMBC (or the computer) restarts (as it can effect performance etc.)
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)