Not able to lock screen

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
dhvinay
New User

Not able to lock screen

Post by dhvinay »

XMBC Version: 2.18.8
Windows Version: Win10 x64
Mouse Information (brand/model): 9 button (Logitech M585)
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): Corei7 6820 32GB Dell portable workstation
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): Not sure, just tried the option now.
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): Sorry, not sure either.
How long have you used XMBC?: Over a couple of years, but only for using button 4 and 5 to switch tabs in chrome until now when I'm exploring further possibilities.
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: US English language and layout

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).: I can't seem to be able to perform the equivalent of {LWIN}L (windows key + L) to lock my desktop using simulated keys, button held or chording.

I tried running XMBC in administrator mode as well- no difference.

I can't see anything special on the log file.

What am I missing?

Thanks upfront
phil
Site Admin

Re: Not able to lock screen

Post by phil »

I’m away on vacation right now so will keep it quick and get back to you next week...

Can’t think of anything right now as to why it wouldn’t work with sim keys but Does the lock workstation option work in the main drop down?
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
freejam
New User

Post by freejam »

Version of the software you are running : 2.18.8.0

A clear description of the problem : Sleep monitor doesn't work, screen lock also doesn't work, I have set screensaver from control panel but somehow nothing is working. Went in to Settings of WIN10 and did troubleshoot for POWER but still nothing. I checked the eventslogs but can't find anything unusual. BTW "WIN_Key + L" works in my system but screen doesn't go OFF even then.

Installed or Portable version, and where was it installed/running? Installed as default setup

Windows Version and edition (x64, x86 etc.) Windows 10 PRO x64

Number of CPU (cores) or CPU model/speed Intel Core i7-3820QM CPU 2.70GHz Dell Precision M4700

Available/Total memory (RAM) 27GB / 32GB

Mouse hardware/drivers Microsoft Sculpt Comfort, Also ALPS Dell Touchpad Version: 10.3201.101.118

Language and keyboard layout used: US-EN ( English<United States> )

I Started Sysinternals Autorun and unchecked XmouseButtonControl >> Restarted the system now ScreenLock andd screenOFF is working.

Thanks
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

freejam wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:09 am Version of the software you are running : 2.18.8.0

A clear description of the problem : Sleep monitor doesn't work, screen lock also doesn't work, I have set screensaver from control panel but somehow nothing is working. Went in to Settings of WIN10 and did troubleshoot for POWER but still nothing. I checked the eventslogs but can't find anything unusual. BTW "WIN_Key + L" works in my system but screen doesn't go OFF even then.

Installed or Portable version, and where was it installed/running? Installed as default setup

Windows Version and edition (x64, x86 etc.) Windows 10 PRO x64

Number of CPU (cores) or CPU model/speed Intel Core i7-3820QM CPU 2.70GHz Dell Precision M4700

Available/Total memory (RAM) 27GB / 32GB

Mouse hardware/drivers Microsoft Sculpt Comfort, Also ALPS Dell Touchpad Version: 10.3201.101.118

Language and keyboard layout used: US-EN ( English<United States> )

I Started Sysinternals Autorun and unchecked XmouseButtonControl >> Restarted the system now ScreenLock andd screenOFF is working.

Thanks
Sorry is this supposed to be the same problem or a completely different one - its not clear but I suspect a completely different one as the OP was saying he couldn't make XMBC lock the screen with simulated keystrokes... You seem to be suggesting XMBC is blocking the built in screen lock (on an inactivity timer)?

Please confirm (and if I'm right then next time open a dedicated topic :)).
Back from holiday today but massive jet lag (and no sleep for near 36 hours) so no looking at anything tonight!
--[ Phil ]--
freejam
New User

Post by freejam »

My bad (should have started a separate topic) Now i have re-read it and it seems that he is having a different issue than mine.

Yes it was completely blocking any kind of screen-lock or screen-OFF in windows (on an inactivity timer).

Thanks
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I don't suppose you have turned on the option to "disable the inactivity timer" on the advanced settings tab?
Normally moving the mouse causes the timer to reset and that option simulates a tiny movement every few minutes to block the timeout (although in my experience it hasn't been all that effective - as in it didn't work very well for me but I haven't tried it in a while). If that's NOT on, then I cant think of anything in XMBC itself that could cause this.
--[ Phil ]--