Buttons sometimes not working as expected

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Micha1955
New User

Buttons sometimes not working as expected

Post by Micha1955 »

XMBC Version: 2.18.8
Windows Version: 10
Mouse Information (brand/model): Logitech M557
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): Dell
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? No:
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? No:
How long have you used XMBC?: 4-6 weeks
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: German

Hi,

I am new to x-mouse. Well I have to say the software is a great design and very useful, especially when working with different applications. Now my question:

I have defined actions for some applications, e.g Magix VDL and Garmin Basecamp. For all others I use Key 4 to send CTRL-Z (undo).

Now lets say I am playing Spider. When pressing the button 4 o the mouse (what is actually wheel left) it happens that nothing happens. SO I press the button several times and finally it works. SOmetimes it works immediately, sometimes after 2,3 presses and sometimes after 10 or so.

It seems that when I disable all profiles except the one I am working with anything is ok.

I have no idea what to do.

Any help is appreciated,

Michael
phil
Site Admin

Re: Buttons sometimes not working as expected

Post by phil »

Hi MIchael,

I presume that your default profile for button 4 (wheel left) is set to "No change (Don't intercept)"?
And that your game spider does not have a profile associated with it (therefore it should use the default)?

I think perhaps the first thing to do it to turn on debug logging and capture the problem in the log - do that in the settings -> Updates and logging tab. Once you turn debug logging on (you have to OK and APPLY the changes) it will stay on until a) you turn it off or b) next time XMBC starts up.

Go to spider, press the button a few times (ideally making a note of the time so I can try and sync the log with that time). Once you have recreated the problem with debug logging on, send me a copy of the log file by PM here or by email. Then I will be able to have a look and see if there is anything unusual going on, if XMBC is seeing the button being pressed and if it is doing anything to it or letting it through untouched etc.

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)